where are they now???

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
i produce pop and rap and mix a bunch of hip hop now, still doing metal from time to time!

tell us what your up too now

anyone still using s-pres? hahahaha

Had a pretty crazy career since the old school Sneap Days.

Worked in LA for 5 years. Did 5 years in Vancouver, now on year 8 (???) in Kelowna which is like the Napa Valley of Canada.

Still producing and engineering, but I've slowed down a bit since having a family and trying to live my life off the computer screen a bit. Mastering and mixing is my bread and butter now.

Run an audio program at a private arts college here which has been one of the more rewarding things in my life. Building the audio school I wish I could of had so these kids can learn what actually matters has been fun.

Occasionally still get to work on big boy shit. Helped out engineer parts of this song last October with Chad Kroeger & Big Wreck.

Didn't mix (wish I did though).

Reactions: Machinated
Love hearing everyone killing it and still at it.

Things have been manic for me recently - I mixed Mel C’s most recent album, Fleur East’s last album, UK’s (last place ) Eurovision entry, that Wellerman remix that went no.1 in like 8 countries, some dance music producers like Hugel and Punctual, and pretty much everything Billen Ted put out (their own songs, productions for other artists etc), and remixes of songs by Little Mix/MNEK/Zara Larson/Jake Bugg.

Still working with the occasional band when I can fit them in, and there’s one film composer who’s soundtracks I mix

As back in the day, most of my work isn't studio related, I worked designing/distributing/selling P.A systems for almost 10 years, then moved on to a company that designs theaters and venues, then covid struck and got unemployed, now I'm back there and there's a chance we take up the distribution of a great brand from my old stupidasshole boss!
Meanwhile I've been doing some small work on my tiny home studio, but two of those records I worked on were released on vinyl! So really happy as I never got anything else released on vinyl before!

Was recording and mixing the occasional local band that no one ever heard of. I'd moved onto live sound for the most part and recording/mixing just supplemented that. Did some occasional editing for Lasse when he was on a time crunch (Gloryhammer, Wind Rose and a few more that I forget)

Once covid hit everything stopped dead. Managed to get a job soldering electronics, thats been nearly a year but now there's talk of redundancies. So we'll see what the future holds. Might be thrown back into audio again!

Stopped playing in 2015.
After a brief stint on Logic, ended when the computer it was installed onto literally melted in 2010, I never got another DAW other than the ProTools LE I have on my 2003 Powerbook 17". Still running without glitches, I only had to be economic in the number of tracks in use simultaneously.

What I've been up to:

Working, a lot.. not in a studio, in a manufacturing plant -- because insurance ain't cheap. Old band ended, new band started. I still record all our stuff, I've been mixing that as well, and it seems like I'm never done/satisfied with it, which is pretty much the norm for me I suppose.

Running a Dell Laptop, Reaper, Focusrite 18i20, Behringer ADA8000 for extra inputs (never really use it much).