Where do you hear of bands?.

Hatebreed

Eternal Cosmic Slaughter
Mar 3, 2004
New Hampshire, U.S.
I look in the threads around heres, theres just so many bands I've never heard of, yet others are seasoned fans. How do you find out about these bands?. And what could I do to hear them as well?. The same ol' bands I know of and listen to are getting boring.

word of mouth. you talk to other metal fans at shows, u find out about new bands. Check out random bands from metal record labels. If you happen to like some bands from Nuclear Blast or whatever, go to their site, download some mp3s from their other bands. Forums like these are also a good way to discover new bands. Also look inside the lyric books, bands usually thank other bands, try those too.

i hear of a band, takes me a few months to go and download some songs. Sorry, I just dont have money to buy cds, only buy cds of bands I really like or if they are cheap enough. I usually hear of bands from word of mouth, seeing the band name on some website, used to find songs and bands from mp3.com, but they shut down for a while and im not sure what the status is there. I got a lot of songs of obscure bands from there. Now with forums like these, I hear of even more bands.

Mainly metal-archives.com, or I will overhear someone talking about them on a DC++ hub.

On M-A, I like to go under Advanced Search, filter a country out whose bands I've been listening to recently (lately, it's been France for black metal and the Czech Republic for grind/death), then I filter it out to only LP releases, and put a genre specification on.