Where was I on 9/11....Nevermore!!!!

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
Ok, I know... lame thread. But where were all of you on 9/11 last year?

Nevermore had just played the House of Blues in Hollywood on 9/10 and a bunch of us stayed up until around 4am drinking in the parking lot with everyone. I only had a couple of hours of sleep before my phone started ringing off of the hook with the news... but I was so shitfaced I had no comprehension of what was happening. I was just pissed that the Anaheim Nevermore show had been cancelled that night.

A little lame in retrospect.

I had been working midnights at UPS, got home early (7 am or so) and went straight to bed. My roomate came in my room around 8 am and goes "Hey man, you gotta see this" I said "dude, i work midnights, it's 8am, i've been asleep an hour, there is no fuckin' way there's anything i want to see right now."
He replies "No, you HAVE to see this" So there i am sitting in my roomate's room, eyes wide open and jaw dropped in disbelief. "No fuckin' way" i said, about 3 minutes b4 i see the second plane hit. A chorus of "Holy Shit!"s from me and my roomate. After watching the buildings burn and collapse, i went to bed until my first class. That's my story, and i'll never forget it. I guess it's our generation's version of the kennedy assasination, "where were u when it happened?" type of deal

Stan and I were in the car, when we heard it on the radio. (this year, i was at work)
First thing we did, was go back home and try to get a hold on Stan's dad...he was in the states at that time and we knew he was heading for New York that week. A few hours later we heard he was in Florida..he was delayed and couldn't make it to New York in time.. PHEW!!!

xxx Iris xxx

Science class...I forget what period it was,but it was right before gym.Our lame-ass crackhead science teacher was going to take us outside to do some type of experiment when the principal came over the intercom with "some very somber news" and he went on to tell us the whole thing.There was a tv in the room,so the teacher turned on CNN and we watched the whole thing unfold...the plane hit the other tower and everything.Of course I didn't exactly see it because I was too busy writing everything down in my journal,thinking"I gotta get this down."But when the second plane hit and the tower went down,there was a collective exclamation of shock all thru the room.After that class ended,we went to our other classes,I was up in front of my social studies room and one of my friends came out and,jokingly cried out,"We're gonna die!".The main thing we all wanted to know was "Are we going home?"...we wound up going home early.When I walked into the house,my mom had the news on and both of my siblings were watching it.My dad got home later that night and he looked so pissed and messed up.I was listening to the radio and all of the stations had stopped playing music to talk about what was going on,as had all of the tv stations.
I go back and read the stuff that I wrote in my journal that day and I seriously get chills when I think about how all of that was and how much effect that had on everything from then on.

I was in first period class, don't know what class it was though. The principal called an emergency staff meeting about 10 minutes before class ended. Some ppl heard shit ans rumours spread like wild wires in about 3 minutes of some bombing attack on the U.S. and WWIII, but that was probably a joke oveheard, and overheard and overheard an dthen taken as fact. Me and my friends were where we always are(in the tech wing) and we asked the chaplain(damn catholic school) and she told us what happened. Later, me and a couple friends went to my house to watch whlie I grabbed a bite to eat. Then to another's house until about 11pm.

That's all.

It was 6:30 AM here, sooo... asleep, until my aunt called and screamed in my ear about planes thrashing the WTC.

I was unemployed and thus, sleeping.

My gf called and woke me up and starting ranting wildly about it. I told her to chill and wait until I turn on the TV. As soon as the TV turned on, I see an airplane (replay of course, it was 11:30 am by that time) flying into the WTC. My only reaction was "what the FUCK is going on!"...over and over again.

School got cancelled that day and the bastards at the gas stations were charging 5$ a gallon :mad: