Where's everyone from?

Victory is mine

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2004
Just wondering what countries most of Symphony X's fans come from....

Looking at some posts on this forum I've noticed that a fair few are in the UK (myself included) but we miss out on all the great events such as Gigantor. I'd absolutely kill to go to that gig. I'd say that Symphony X are my favorite band, but I've never got to see them live - bands like this so rarely come to the UK. I guess there's less of a fanbase for metal over here. I've only actually seen a handful of bands live, the most notable being Dream Theater in London and Metallica at the Reading Festival (best show ever, the lights, the stages, the screens, the amps, the fireworks, the flames throwers, the pyrotechnics and the crowds... always stay with me :D ).

I know it's a long flight for them but damn I wanna see them! Anyone else in the UK of that opinion? If it's at all possible i'd like a 3 hour set like Dream Theater's when I saw them...

San Antonio TX, in the USA is where im located, but I still dont get to see SX..............well, gigantour will change that I guess.

Corpus here I come!!!

Wales :D

I saw metallica in reading too, was a damn good show! would love to see SX over here, but don't really get my hopes up as most stuff i listen to i'll never have a chance to see live =(

Still...hopefully moving to a uni in london next year, so will get a chance to see a lot more gigs that i can't normally afford to travel to :D

Valgeir said:
Long Island, New York.

Can't say metal is doing extremely well here, but hey, I'm not in a position to relocate right now.

Same island for me. Specifically Queens. Metal is not so popular here, let alone prog.

I once went to Orlado (Florida) and I saw more metal heads in one month then I did in my entire life in New York. I met a bunch that listened to prog.

I am from the good ol' county of York, PA....it's a pretty nice place overall...and centrally-located to a vast range of places...like 2 hrs from Philly, 4 hrs from Pittsburgh, an hour and a half from Washington D.C./Baltimore, and probably no more than a hour from Hershey, Gettysburg, and Harrisburg...so, pretty much a backwater town that is near everything of much worth in the tri-state area...