Where's everyone from?

Hi, there,

I'm from Germany, 60 kilometers north of Frankfurt.
I like SyX for 2 years now. I've gotten to know them, when they've opened for Stratovarius. Didn't like Strat, but the more SyX and still do. They were my entry to metal and still are my favorite (Prog-)Metal-Band. Meanwhile I also know others, but they don't "touch" me like Syx does.

yeah Long Island! hey we may not have the world's largest population of metalheads but we do have a surplus of emo kids... well atleast we get Gigantour and Ozzfest in Jersey

i'm from australia, will always be an aussie... but i live in the frozen wastelands of alaska right now. plenty of metalheads here, but i'm the only person i know who's into prog... the cd shop has to order all my cd's specially for me...

Not sure if I posted on this thread before.

Long Island, NY. The metal and prog scene has always been good out around here, dating back to the first couple of Dream Theater albums. I remember when Image and Words came out, the DT shirts and albums were everywhere.

Anyway, I set up a board yesterday to help promote metal and prog in the area, and surrounding regions. So check it out and register to get it going. Get your friends in on it, too. The link is in my signature.

Thanks a bunch!

crapola said:
i'm from australia, will always be an aussie... but i live in the frozen wastelands of alaska right now. plenty of metalheads here, but i'm the only person i know who's into prog... the cd shop has to order all my cd's specially for me...
What part of Alaska are you in? I know of a couple of prog-heads up there, but get used to special-ordering your music. Sam Goody in the Dimond Center carries Dream Theater and Symphony X, but selection is sparse.