Where's everyone from?

Beelzebub said:
I live in Flushing (laugh it up), Queens, NYC. Right now I am in an Internet cafe in Cesme, Turkey :)

:wave: Did you like Turkey? I just wonder. :cool: I am from Kusadasi- Turkey. Not very far from Cesme...

can i suggest that you americans write out your states in full please? not everyone in the world would equate ca with california, same as not everyone in the world would equate sa with south australia... and just think of all the "m" states in america... mn, mi, mo, me, ms (did i forget any?), when some of them could, to a non-american, be more than one state... eg - mi could be mississippi, missouri, michigan... need i go on... just a suggestion from an aussie stuck in ak (and that would be alaska, not arkansas, haha!!)

soundgarden said:
Interesting. That large metal scene must have an effect on the society. Metal is a more "western" concept and I wonder what kind of effect will it have on a middle eastern area, especially in these days of political unrest.

I am from Turkey which is half eastern europe and half middle east so I cant 100 percent know the situation but what i understand people are pretty good at keeping metal and political stuff seperate from each other over there

Interesting. That large metal scene must have an effect on the society. Metal is a more "western" concept and I wonder what kind of effect will it have on a middle eastern area, especially in these days of political unrest.
Didn't Opeth Have gigs in Amman, Jordan last year?

Good to see you here again Chris. Did you see Virgil Donati at the Basement the other week? I bloody didn't know about it since I don't get a chance to pick up the gig guides these days. Did you have the EotW cd for MacAlpine this time? ;)

Androz said:
Chris!, didn't know you were here

Yeah, long-time lurker.

Julz said:
Good to see you here again Chris. Did you see Virgil Donati at the Basement the other week? I bloody didn't know about it since I don't get a chance to pick up the gig guides these days. Did you have the EotW cd for MacAlpine this time? ;)

Yeah saw Virg. He and Yuko are friends. The gig kicked serious ass. I didn't talk to Tony though, even though he was just so thrilled to talk to me last time. :D

Yeah saw Virg. He and Yuko are friends. The gig kicked serious ass. I didn't talk to Tony though, even though he was just so thrilled to talk to me last time.
Haha! in Tony's defence, I think he did ok after the Vai show considering those two blonde chicks that had the bulk of his attention.

Damn! I'll pay more attention to whats happening gig-wise in the future.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Pittsburgh, PA, US. Well I'm there during school. Now I'm about an hour north.
REally? I go to school in pittsburgh too. Did u go to Duquesne University? U didn't study Music Tech: SOund REcording did you, thats what i did. Wait a minute...did u have jazz guitar with some jazz fuck named Karsh? I knew a sym x fan in room 209...that wasn't u was it? :tickled: :Spin: :loco: :D ;)

...Yeah Im from the burgh as well.

I'm from Connecticut (in the USA), and it sucks...a lot. Usually bands will skip over my state while on tour, so I have to travel everytime I want to see one of my favorite bands live. (Upcoming example: Gigantour). I need to move.

I'm from the one country that everybody in the world hates. (Or at least thats what they say on the news.) I be from the"good" old U.S.A, more than that, from Long Island, New York. One of the many places where Prog-metal heads are scarce and in great need of more.