Which bands are you going to see live?

Next gig is the 'Classic Legends Of Rock '08', Focus, Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash, Tony McPhee and The Groundhogs, mainly for Focus and because it's on the doorstep relatively speaking.
Saw Focus last year and they were superb, the guy they've got on guitar now is excellent.

After that Marillion in Bournemouth

Then Todd Rundgren at Kentish Town Forum

And The Mighty Boosh at Portsmouth are in there somewhere too.

Hoping to see Newton Faulkner in January, but the IOW gig sold out before I heard about it :cry: It's the only gig on that tour to have sold out so far too :rolleyes:

Saw Extreme yesterday in Paris. A really amazing show. I'm so glad they're back and hope they'll come back soon.

Next shows will be :
- Opeth in november
- Riverside in december
- Judas Priest & Megadeth in March
- Nightwish in March
- Blue Oyster Cult in April

And I'm still waiting for a Threshold show in France someday.

I didn't think I was going to another gig this year, but it looks like I'll go to the 013 in Tilburg on the 28th December for CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY. An all star band + orchestra. Some of the artists are: Chuck Billy + Doro + Russel Allen + Johan Edlund + Mats Léven + Ian Parry + Floor Jansen + Marcel Coenen + Marcella Bovio. I'm quite excited!

I didn't think I was going to another gig this year, but it looks like I'll go to the 013 in Tilburg on the 28th December for CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY. An all star band + orchestra. Some of the artists are: Chuck Billy + Doro + Russel Allen + Johan Edlund + Mats Léven + Ian Parry + Floor Jansen + Marcel Coenen + Marcella Bovio. I'm quite excited!

:yow: who wouldn't be?

it looks like I'll go to the 013 in Tilburg on the 28th December for CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY. An all star band + orchestra. Some of the artists are: Chuck Billy + Doro + Russel Allen + Johan Edlund + Mats Léven + Ian Parry + Floor Jansen + Marcel Coenen + Marcella Bovio. I'm quite excited!

Enjoy it !
Unfortunatly I can't be there due to a vacation.

I created the Christmas Metal Symphony MySpace site :)

Why did you have to post that? So unfair :(

Anyway, I saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night for the 6th time ;)

I wrote a recap of it, if you're curious:
http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/1083293.html

You lucky git!!!!! Both belong to the most outstanding live bands in the world (somewhere after Threshold of course). It's quite a while ago now, but how was it? You will surely have taken pics? Can you post a link that doesn't require a sign-up?

Me, I'm counting hours until Monday when PENDRAGON will give the honour.
I'm sooo looking forward to that, and it shortens the almost unbearable waiting time for the next Threshold gig on 1st Nov....
Hah... isn't life just great! :D

sorry no pics, it was to late to get camera clearance....

sorry no pics, it was to late to get camera clearance....

Pity... but I hope you enjoyed it anyway (or just because you were not distracted with taking pics for once!). Thanks also for picking up on this old question - shows that some people do actually read what others say here! ;)

I'll see OPETH and RIVERSIDE in December and am mighty excited about both already....!!!! :loco: