Which bands are you going to see live?

Been to Rockweekend in Kilafors (Chill-a-force) for two days and watched:

Dead by April (really good Swedish "modern" band)
L.A. Guns
Dia Psalma (Swedish punkrock in Swedish)
Testament (Oh, yes. The mighty! :) )
Crucified Barbara (great all-female party-metal band from Sweden)
Paradise Lost (better than I thought, but I'm not normally into Goth)
Mustasch (superswedes, the Black Sabbath of this century)
Arch Enemy (the very first death metal band I actually liked, they are still few...)

Unfortunately I had to go home today, one day earlier than expected so I missed out some other good acts. (Yeah, I know there were a lot of other "big" bands there, but I had my daughter with me and the weather was lousy so I had to pick...2nd time now that I miss W.A.S.P. and 3rd time this year I miss Renegade Five...)

/SE

The Music of Final Fantasy tonight!

Nobuo Uematsu will be in attendance :D

I would die to meet Uematsu-san, is he really going to be there?

Been to Rockweekend in Kilafors (Chill-a-force) for two days and watched:

Dead by April (really good Swedish "modern" band)
L.A. Guns
Dia Psalma (Swedish punkrock in Swedish)
Testament (Oh, yes. The mighty! :) )
Crucified Barbara (great all-female party-metal band from Sweden)
Paradise Lost (better than I thought, but I'm not normally into Goth)
Mustasch (superswedes, the Black Sabbath of this century)
Arch Enemy (the very first death metal band I actually liked, they are still few...)

Wow, Dia Psalma, Testament and Paradise Lost! Lucky you!!! :Smug:

I would die to meet Uematsu-san, is he really going to be there?

Yep, he was definitely there. He even joined in with the choir when they did "One Winged Angel" for the encore :)

Though in order to meet him, you had to pay $100 which I didn't do. I couldn't afford it and I wouldn't know what to say to him anyway other than "thanks for the great music".

Wow, Dia Psalma, Testament and Paradise Lost! Lucky you!!! :Smug:

Hmm...mature response, is it? Apart from Testament, which is one of my fave bands, I don't care much for the others in the above quote. But you won't find me complaining about your music style...

Slipping out of genre again - hot on the heels of Springsteen last night in Glasgow (very physical at the front!!!), off to Rome at the weekend for the gig on Sunday

Have a look at the weather forecast, looks like it's gonna be a very hot week in Italy. Put on a protective cream before you pale scots :)lol:) go out in the sun, especially in the Olympic Stadium!

I was at a little Metal-Festival this weekend. It is called "Dong open air"
Saw Rage, Amorphis, Skyclad, 7 Seals, Cheeno and many other bands.

I saw Chicago and special guests Earth Wind & Fire live yesterday, here in Oklahoma City. It was amazing how two bands that are so old (EW&F - 40 year anniversary, Chicago 41 yo) can entertain an audience with such an amazing range of ages. I saw people there that needed walkers to get about, and I saw others taking their kids. And the fact that they sold 3 unreleased songs each, for 3 bucks (they were downloads that you could get with a card you bought), all proceeds going to the regional foodbanks, was pretty damn awesome too.

I had an amazing night out with my gf, boogying to EW&F and singing along to Chicago's classics. And they took the stage together at the start and end of the show too, which was just one big party. If you have the chance to see any of these two amazing old-timers, I would definitely highly recommend it!