Which bands are you going to see live?

Looks like you're visiting Italy pretty often! ;)

Free room and board might have something to do with that ;)

But really I've kind of fallen in love with Italy. It's so pretty :)

Wow Heather you are fanatic

I don't think so. Yeah I travel to see my bands but lots of people do that. Plus you usually get to see their full stage setup when you see them in Europe or Japan. They play tiny clubs in Seattle so you're missing out on the lighting or background.

Only twice? There is actually a law in Italy that Rob or Berlusconi MUST remain in the country if the other is away. Otherwise there would be riots caused by despondent admirers.

Unfortunately for Rob, the PM is a bit of a jet setter so he never manages to actually do any of his planned trips.:cry:

Free room and board might have something to do with that ;)

But really I've kind of fallen in love with Italy. It's so pretty :)

I don't think so. Yeah I travel to see my bands but lots of people do that. Plus you usually get to see their full stage setup when you see them in Europe or Japan. They play tiny clubs in Seattle so you're missing out on the lighting or background.
I've always admired the tenacity that people who travel extensively to see their fave band have. I think it really shows a certain sense of devotion, but on the other hand I just don't necessarily agree that u have to. For me, seeing my favorite band play at a smaller venue is even better than an arena. The lights and spectacle don't matter as much as the music. I also like smaller venues for their intimacy. I can see the performers and it feels, I don't know, like everyone is a little bit more connected to the music. Then again, Ive never gone overseas to see a show.

I've always admired the tenacity that people who travel extensively to see their fave band have. I think it really shows a certain sense of devotion, but on the other hand I just don't necessarily agree that u have to.

If you live inScotland you have to travel. In the last 12 months have been to
Tampere, Finland
Stockholm, Sweden
Bergen, Norway
Kingston, Englandshire
Newcastle, Englandshire
Zoetermeer, Netherlands
Rome, Italy
as well as Glasgow and Edinburgh

And the gigs have ranged from student union (not sure how I got in!) right through to stadia

And it's not devotion, it's addiction!

I've always admired the tenacity that people who travel extensively to see their fave band have. I think it really shows a certain sense of devotion, but on the other hand I just don't necessarily agree that u have to. For me, seeing my favorite band play at a smaller venue is even better than an arena. The lights and spectacle don't matter as much as the music. I also like smaller venues for their intimacy. I can see the performers and it feels, I don't know, like everyone is a little bit more connected to the music. Then again, Ive never gone overseas to see a show.

This is true but sometimes bands don't come over to the US. Threshold hasn't other than a ProgPower performance. If I ever wanted to see them live, I'd have to travel to Europe.

You forget that it's expensive to tour in the US. Most bands avoid us like the plague. Sometimes traveling in the only way. Hell, that's how I was able to see Avantasia, Ayreon, or Damian Wilson live. They'll never tour in the US. I'm not going to miss out on the chance just because they aren't playing the US.

As for Sonata Arctica, the only reason I was traveling in the first place is because they didn't play Seattle this year. Of course now they've announced US dates for next year in the Spring. But there was no guarantee that they would play here even if they did release US dates.

Just booked Michael Schenker Newcastle in December - sadly Power Quest will have stopped supporting by then

Have Frank Turner to come in March and trying to work out the logisitics for Shadowland

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Left for Michael Schenker (minus PQ support) at 1800 in Newcastle (about 90 minutes away). Got to the village that is about 5 minutes away in 12 minutes due to blizzard.

Turned round and came home

Now depressed - thank god for red wine

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: