Which cd did you just buy?

Yesterday I went on a CD-buying spree. Here's what I got:

Eminem - The singles (a 11-cd pack that made me cry with happiness when I saw it)
R. E. M. - In time 1988-2003
U2 - The best of 1990-2000 (yeah, I was feeling retrospective)
Green Day - Warning
Sick of it All - Life on the Ropes
Enrico Ruggeri - Contatti
Good Riddance - Cover Ups

i don't think i have enough blankies... i can try, but I'm sure you'll want to buy it. I'll show it to you and play a couple of tunes in your car and you'll run and camp in front of the record store. it's way cool.

i'll probably want to buy it, yes. don't waste away that many blankies: if i don't buy it you'll bring it over at my place one of these days and i'll rip/crop/burn onto the smallest number of cd-r possible anyway.

the new Kwan album for my bro's kids. (Kwan is a hiphop band who are actually quite good, cause they have percussions and cello and their lyrics make sense) they love it, and have been doing nothing but listening to it since christmas :cool:

OMG amorphis has been mentioned :O i have Chapters too, but methinks the DVD kinda sucks.

@rahve: you'll crash and burn, like everyone. :lol:

should anyone else be interested in the Eminem singles: beware, many of them are radio edits. you don't hear any swear words, which means you don't hear any words for some songs.

Wolfman Von Jones said:
No, for some reason I dont think many more of us are interested :p.

Nick
:lol:
I am prejudiced, too ;) He has a nice flow, admitted, but still there are many many many more CDs which I´d rather buy instead :) And whose lyrical subjects interest me more, above all.

@hyena: I just have to ask how it´s possible to release an 11-cd pack with "the singles"!? I couldn´t imagine anyone doing that, not even people like, say, david bowie or rolling stones, who´s been active for something like 7 or 8 billion years. I mean, "veteran" bands sometimes release their whole friggin´ career in boxes of that size.

concerning eminem in general I think he´s entertaining and at times quite good, or at least ok. generally, though, I prefer the swedish version if hiphop is on the menu. timbuktu rewlz, ownz and all that other cool things hiphoppers tend to do.

rahvin said:
well, at least that was quite an educated comment. :)
sure. I was a bit into hip-hop some years ago, because I like "language" in general, and couple of could make good use of it, in my case I liked few german bands and one from switzerland, they rapped in french, called SensUnik. Really great.
There is also a nice finnish band (Flegmaatikot) where I love one song of (Taisteluun lähdin) and I even heard rap in hungarian on a festival once. Obviously it works in all languages. :) Just after a while the hip-hop stuff got boring to me, it is not long-lasting to say so.

Delirious: HIM did that, too. And I bought it :loco:

fireangel said:
sure. I was a bit into hip-hop some years ago, because I like "language" in general, and couple of could make good use of it, in my case I liked few german bands and one from switzerland, they rapped in french, called SensUnik. Really great.
There is also a nice finnish band (Flegmaatikot) where I love one song of (Taisteluun lähdin) and I even heard rap in hungarian on a festival once. Obviously it works in all languages. :) Just after a while the hip-hop stuff got boring to me, it is not long-lasting to say so.
i can sort of relate to that. there are other genres outside of metal that i like but i can't handle large doses of on any given day, for instance, reggae and blues. good and even great stuff in both genres but a long listening session of such or the like, and i'm finding myself reaching for some classic rock, heavy rock, heavy metal, metal, deaaath metuhl \m/, mdm, smdm, bm ... (ad nauseum??) ;) 'metal' is a bastard child genre just like rock 'n' roll that perhaps makes me appreciate the pedigree genres... :err: i'm not sure... :Spin:

@Fireangel: You might want to try Fettes Brot, a German rap/hip-hop band.

Bought these today...

Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus, Tales from the Thousand Lakes
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans, The Angel and the Dark River, Like Gods of the Sun
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos

Arch said:
@Fireangel: You might want to try Fettes Brot, a German rap/hip-hop band.
I know them :) They have a couple of really really good songs, and they are one of the more intelligent bands. I do like them :)
Arch, how come you know so many languages? You knew the Nemi-comic (it was you, right?) and german stuff and all this...*curious*

Aragorth said:
I got these:

Moonsorrow - Suden Uni CD + bonus DVD

I ordered that one, but don´t have it yet. I am very awaiting! I saw that gig in real, they were shy and, as opener band had sound problems, but nevertheless it was truly good. :dopey: If that band would be more experienced in live-gigs and would have a more appropriate outfit to the music (this artificial blood looks really uncool :( ) their gigs could become SUPERMAGIC!!! I hope they will reach that one day, because they have the potential to be.

wildfyr said:
i can sort of relate to that. there are other genres outside of metal that i like but i can't handle large doses of on any given day, for instance, reggae and blues. good and even great stuff in both genres but a long listening session of such or the like, and i'm finding myself reaching for some classic rock, heavy rock, heavy metal, metal, deaaath metuhl \m/, mdm, smdm, bm ... (ad nauseum??) ;) 'metal' is a bastard child genre just like rock 'n' roll that perhaps makes me appreciate the pedigree genres... :err: i'm not sure... :Spin:
no more to say than totally agree. :wave:

fireangel said:
I ordered that one, but don´t have it yet. I am very awaiting! I saw that gig in real, they were shy and, as opener band had sound problems, but nevertheless it was truly good. :dopey: If that band would be more experienced in live-gigs and would have a more appropriate outfit to the music (this artificial blood looks really uncool :( ) their gigs could become SUPERMAGIC!!! I hope they will reach that one day, because they have the potential to be.
yeah...they're kinda without real experences in live...all sounds a bit strange etc. even sound on that gig was awful. but its still good concert to see on DVD ;)