Which cd did you just buy?

i get the feeling the only one who's going to care about the following is delirious, but anyway:

- vox celesta, mandorla. finally their first record is out. this release single-handedly gives me a faint trace of hope in humanity. somewhere between electro-gothic and ebm, this band is the best thing that happened to the infacted label in 2004. it's hauntingly atmospheric and bouncy at the same time, with opera-like choirs in all the right places and some professional singing/composing from former members of front 442

- assemblage 23, let the wind erase me. featuring 3 versions of the title track and two b-sides, the new mcd by a23 is probably going to become the best selling single release of the year for accession records. the main track is nothing more than a happier version of document in its album version, and it only picks up momentum in its "hard version" incarnation. the first b-side is average, but the slow song (tragic figure) easily makes up for the rest of the tracks, mainly for the did it ever rain when the skies were clear? lines.

- in strict confidence, holy (the hecq destruxxion). isc's latest record completely deconstructed/remixed/edited by the band. all the songs are totally reinvented as ambient/darkwave tracks, with results that in all honesty make the original product seem even more trite and anonymous than it probably deserved to be. why oh why don't they just stick to this kind of variations and leave the dancefloor stompers scene for good? it's obvious they do possess some composing qualities, and the interpreters both male and female aren't that bad either. on this cd, deprived of the tedious array of power chords and fake industrial sounds, the songs can finally shine and sound original and complex. seven lives, in its "spherework" incarnation, is unforgettable.

- virtual embrace, escape to insane. funny how so many acts in the past year have been shaken from their post-ebm stupor by dismantled's masterpiece, postnuclear. now it seems bands can either let go of their rough edge or reinterpret it in a harsher way full of contaminations from other styles (see system syn or battery cage, for instance). virtual embrace, on alfa matrix (!), do exactly the same and try the unusual (for now) path. the distorted vocals are pretty good, and the fla-like beats merge with melodic or punkish parts in the choruses. i must say i do like this style better than the dark dance club hits of the past five years, but i can't deny it might grow stale as well, five years from now.

- blind faith and envy, the charming factor. it seems i've developed a taste for clean female vocals in the past month (i'm afraid i know who's to blame too). waiting for the mono chrome album to be out, and coming from intense listenings to the latest the azoic releases, i decided to give bfae a try. they're awesome. the synths are never boring and the vocal lines leave a deep mark on the listener. what's more, the record is out on major (bmi) *and* it features remixes by the likes of null device and neuroactive, both probably at their very first appearance on a big label.

- advocatus diaboli, sterbend durch die sonne. self-produced odd release that has all the merits of a debut and all its flaws as well. amazing vocal performances and a slightly schizophrenic variety in song styles as well (some tracks could be old style melodic death metal, plus some keys). when i stumble into bands like this one i buy their records in the hope that my money will keep them away from becoming the next blutengel :erk:

rahvin said:
i get the feeling the only one who's going to care about the following is delirious...
don´t worry, I care enough for two. a couple of new ones there that sounded really interesting. :)

Unanimated - ancient god of evil
anathema - judgement
death - symbolic
bathory - hammerheart
d.a.d - draws a circle
grip inc. - power of inner strength
paatos - timeloss
faith no more - album of the year
jethro tull - aqua lung
opeth - damnation
rush - 2112
led zeppelin - 4
new model army - thunder & consolidation
anathema - natural disaster
yes - close to the edge
van der graaf generator - pawn hearts
anathema - a fine day to exit
the haunted - the haunted
the haunted - made me do it
the haunted - one kill wonder
antithesis - dying for life
death - sound of perseverance
einherjer - blot
entombed - wolverine blues
nick cave - from her to eternity
coroner - r.i.p.
death - human
meshuggah - I
into eternity - into eternity
faerghail - where angels dwell no more
the gathering - downfall
dakrua - shifting realities
dies irae - the sin war
earthride - taming of the demons
dimension f3h - reaping the world winds
faerghail - horizon's fall
tiamat - a deeper kind of slumber
grip inc. - solidify
d.a.d - everything glows
aghora - aghora
runemagick - requiem of the apocalypse
fleurety - last minute lies
daylight dies - no reply
martyr - warp zone
nightingale - alive again: the breathing shadow part IV
tiamat - prey
diablo - renaissance
diabolical masquerade - death's design
emperor - prometheus
in flames - lunar strain/subterranean
katatonia - last fair deal gone down
nick cave - no more shall we part
pink floyd - the wall
and last but not least, dt - exposures

i think that's most of the cd's i've bought this summer. lots of those i bought thinking that's pretty cheap and i think someone said that's not too bad so not all of them are going to dwell in my cd tower longer than it takes to find someone who's willing to buy it but i did make some good purchases too.

Nightwish - Once. I listened to it while I traveled in Finland and Sweden :) So it assocates with nice memories of beautiful places and kind people.

Desiderii Marginis - Strife.

Not instantly enthralling like the previous album, will need to give it a few more listens to appreciate it more...it's heading back to the style of the first album...not as much bass/noise.

Wow! I just bought 2 therion albums...

Therion - Lemuria
Therion - Sirius B

OMG!!!!1!!!!!11oneone!

Why didn't I get into this band sooner :erk:, I've got alot of catching up to do with this fantastic operatic effort.

I also got a Skyclad Live album, gr-r-reat stuff.

Not that its a CD but in the same buying spree I got this awesome Edguy T-shirt \m/. Also I came across and traded moola for the the next two books of The Malloreon. T'was a good day for me.

diary of dreams - giftraum
the cure - bloodflowers
mechanical moth - fallen into you
vnv nation - pastperfect dvd box
london after midnight - selected scenes from the end of the world

Finally picked exodus'tempo of the damned and emperor's Anthems To THe Welkin At Dusk(an awesome album \m/)..and nightwish's from wishes to eternity dvd...

lars winnerbäck - kom
tiamat - a deeper kind of slumber (cracked case :bah: )
misery loves co. - not like them
radiohead - meeting people is easy dvd

This week I recieved my orders!!

Dark Tranquillity - Expores, and bla bla denial
Totalt Jävla Mörker - Människans ringa värde
Tool - Lateralus
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth step

today i got some cds i ordered too:
Finntroll - Nattfödd (cracked jewel case here as well :rolleyes: )
Katatonia - Brave Yester Days (haven't opened this yet)

And i'm expecting to get a few more things quite soon. :D

Pain Of Salvation "BE"
Dead Soul Tribe "The January Tree"

impatiently awaiting for:
Isis "Panopticon"
Fates Warning "FWX"
Nasum "Shift"
Dissection "Maha Kali"