Which cd did you just buy?

significant purchases of (somewhat) lately:

dark tranquillity - tranquillity (from Gtranquillity, it turned out)
dark tranquillity - trail of life decayed
ulver - blood inside (+ a bunch of other ulver cds)
sigur rós - takk...
in flames - used and abused - in live we trust (i didn't think i'd actually get this, but i found it for a really reasonable price).

hidden in the fog-damokles (best black metal album this year!!!)
jesu-heartache
@dragonlady dredg is really cool, I just discovered them with the catchwithout arms album this year, and they play really good music.it isnt metal but sounds fantastic.
but dont know the older albums yet, but I must check them out

Black Label Society - Mafia
Black Label Society - Stronger Than Death
Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies

--Metal--

Corvus Corax -- The Avatic Triad
Despised Icon -- The Healing Process
Opeth -- Ghost Reveries

--Non-Metal--

Nouvelle Vague -- Nouvelle Vague
Buck 65 -- Silent House Against the World

--DVD--

Lyckantropen (featuring music by Ulver)

--Last Show--

Dead Can Dance @ Montreal, last sunday.

Amorphis - Elegy
Few bands can keep fairly slow songs like this interesting with fairly simple melodies. Great album, the guitar stuff especially and lots of the arrangements are quite different. Of course the lyrics make the album stand out a good bit too.
9/10

Skyclad - Folkémon
So basically, the band that seems to be the first folk metal band is pretty much 'only' a NWOBHM band with violins, but that's ok. Totally catchy and Walkyier has a unique voice.
9/10

TheFourthHorseman said:
Skyclad - Folkémon
So basically, the band that seems to be the first folk metal band is pretty much 'only' a NWOBHM band with violins, but that's ok. Totally catchy and Walkyier has a unique voice.
9/10

their other records (walkyier era only) are much, much better, especially when it comes to the lyrics. if you like the style and the themes, you should think about spending the next couple of days getting them all. start with "the silent whales of lunar sea" and "irrational anthems".

I have Prince Of The Poverty Line, which I like very much. But I'll check out the ones you recommended.
The lyrics on Folkémon aren't that bad to me though. Think Back And Lie Of England, The Antibody Politic and You Lost My Memory are pretty good lyrically. Not as good as A Bellyful Of Emptiness, though.

Just got these for my ever growing mini lp collection:
SUPERTRAMP: Breakfast In America and Crisis? What Crisis?
SANTANA: Santana
PINK FLOYD: Animals and Wish You Were Here
KING CRIMSON: An Observation By King Crimson
DAVID BOWIE: Ziggy Stardust
JOHN LENNON / YOKO ONO: Double Fantasy
TEN YEARS AFTER: Cricklewood Green and Ssssh

Don't know what this has to do with anything?
The King Crimson has the track '21st Century Schizoid Man'
which .:tInUvIeL:. has as part of her(girl) user title???

@.:tInUvIeL:. Welcome my friend to the show that never ends :wave:

Black Label Society - Kings Of Damnation
Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows
Static-X - Start A War (cd+dvd)
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

Salamurhaaja said:
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

Insomnium :dopey:

very good choice ;)

my purchases from the last several weeks:

Children Of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Swallow The Sun - Ghosts Of Loss (+ DVD)
Charon: Promo 1993 cassette :dopey:
Viikate: Unholan Urut
Mustan Kuun Lapset: Talvenranta
Total Devastation: Reclusion. (from the first spins I think it´s not as good as Roadmap Of Pain :( It seems to have less guitar and too much electronic, so the balance is broken )

sadly I haven´t had the time to listen properly to these (except for the cassette), so I cannot discuss them much yet. Only that Descending Winters-song of STS I listened to, and it´s great as always.

The Collision - All Go To Waste (unmastered Demo), present :)

fireangel said:
Total Devastation: Reclusion. (from the first spins I think it´s not as good as Roadmap Of Pain :( It seems to have less guitar and too much electronic, so the balance is broken )

Yep, that's exactly what I thought after the first few listens - since then it has grown a lot in me. There are a lot of small nyances here and there that make the album more interesting than what it appears at first. It is so far the second best album of this year. Not that I have actually listened to many new albums lately, though...

-Villain