Which cd did you just buy?

@hitori and TNH
some words about the new solefald...different as the older ones but different from what I expected, more easier to listen(IMO), some more quiet songs, female vocals(!), less keyboards.but interesting music and far beyond most other bands
and the best:the next album will come in some month!!! :D

@delirous, thx for the mum thing, Im gonna check them out

Yeah it's great that Black For Death will get released soon, any idea on the release date? Garm is doing/did guest vocals for it, which is of course great.

Pelican - australasia
Why oh why can't these guy still be opening for Opeth?
I'll be seeing Opeth soon and Nevermore is on the bill
third time this year for La Rocque and Nevermore
and he has had enough of them -

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

I would like to buy the new The Black League album ("A Place Called Bad") but it´s only out in Scandinavia so far. I´ll have to either order it abroad or find out when it´ll be released in the other countries.

fireangel said:
I would like to buy the new The Black League album ("A Place Called Bad") but it´s only out in Scandinavia so far. I´ll have to either order it abroad or find out when it´ll be released in the other countries.

It's out already? :eek: Damn I'm behind my time in everything nowadays - I just bought Man's Ruin Revisited not that long ago...

-Villain

Ville:yep, I heard that only accidentally, too. TBL are not on Spinefarm anymore, but a small label called WolfGangrecords, at the subdivision of Major Leidén. Seems they don´t have any kind of promotional budget, not even for notifications on that. But it´s in stores through-out Finland, I seen it already.

Well, the last cd i bought was Children of bodom-are you dead yet? I think the cd fucking rocks! To hell with the people that are screaming "sellout" or " this album is shit". this album rocks! plain and simple!

Before that, the last 4 cd's i have bought are:
old Mans Child-Vermin
Opeth-Ghost Reveries
Scar Symmetry
Hypocrisy-Virus

A few of my recent purchases:

MAEL MORDHA - Cluain Tarb
GEASA - Fate's Lost Son
SCALD - Will of the Gods is Great Power
FALCHION - Legacy of Heathens
ONDSKAPT - Dodens Evangelium
MANEGARM - Vredens Tid
ABSU - Mythological Occult Metal
DESTRUCTION - Inventor of Evil
AES DANA - Formores
SHINING - III
SVARTSYN - Bloodline

@sole, horseman, hitori: hmm, new solefald is simply great! They all expected something weird that would go beyond In harmonia... and they made a normal album, hehe! Thats what I love about this band. I couldnt get the theme from Sun I Call out of my head for a week! :) I wonder what the next one is gonna be like. And I second delirious´s recommendation, múm are great.

I just got Englar Alheimsins, Ný Batterí, Svefn-g-englar and Takk from Sigur Rós, the new Rammstein and some other stuff.

Well I wasn't expecting that since I read the previews...but I was expecting something better musically. I like the concept a lot since I've lately become interested in Norse mythology, but musically I think that In Harmonia Universali and possibly Pills Against The Ageless Ills are better.
Sun I Call is perhaps their best song ever, though. That fast riff is simply mindblowingly awesome. Crater Of The Valkyries is the other totally great song on the album, and I like Prayer Of A Son a lot too, though I'm not sure it can be called a song. Awesome interlude anyhow. White Frost Queen grew on me too, good song and very different. The rest falls a bit short, though the only songs that I really just don't like much at all are Where Birds Have Never Been and There Is Need.
And Lokasenna. Man that guy has a boring voice. I want a translation.

I suspect the next one will be pretty similar to this one in terms of what the music is like, since it'll be the second part of the concept. Though I hope the music will be much better. Some of the riffs on this one were just too simple.

I just got meself these little marvels...or so.

Hypocrisy - Virus : After listening to this I wondered if Arrival and Catch-22 were really made by this band or by some cryptic independant wannabe band from the Fidji Islands 'cause Virus is simply a masterpiece. Hypocrisy's best ever.

CoB - "Are You Dead Yet" : Oh geez, I'm disappointed. Yeah I know the whole thing about "speed metal's dead" but hey that was Children's freakin' trademark. But hey, it's still a good cd it's just more heavy, slower and less chaotic than their previous work. Something Wild's still the best for me!

Disarmonia Mundi - Fragments Of D-Generation : These guys are italian and they managed to get Speed Strid on the mic. Now if you like Strid's vocals, forget about Soilwork, Disarmonia Mundi's the shit.

p.s : Damn you Europeans, I'm still waiting for Detonation's "Portals To Uphobia" here in Canada!

Eh, Grind Finale isn't released until in January, since it's been delayed a couple times by now. Pray tell how you managed to get it?

I got Tori Amos's The Beekeeper (6 euros sounds like a bargain for an album that's not even a year old) from CDON, still waiting for the rest.

Just picked up these the other day..
Skyfire-Spectral
Nevermore-The Politics of Ecstasy
Amon Amarth- Versus The World

I must admit i'm impressed with Skyfire, they are what children of bodom should have become. Anyone ever listen to their previous releases? im curious to see if i should pick them up too

Creator_Failure said:
Just picked up these the other day..
Skyfire-Spectral
Nevermore-The Politics of Ecstasy
Amon Amarth- Versus The World

I must admit i'm impressed with Skyfire, they are what children of bodom should have become. Anyone ever listen to their previous releases? im curious to see if i should pick them up too
the first album is overloaded with symphonical keyboard sounds, but cool nonetheless (imho).
the second album has less of it (keyboard), and is leading to what you can hear on "Spectral".
so yes, go ahead - they're making interesting music.