Which cd did you just buy?

Villain: thanks for the comment, I´ll see what happens. At first I really wasn´t that happy with it, I thought that Velcra or oomph! would use electronics in a better way (while it just comes to my mind that I don´t have the new Velcra yet..) I really wouldn´t mind if things change within my opinion and who knows, I definitely would go to their concert again if there is a chance.
Actually right now I only buy the records because I know I wanna have them but still I´m listening to only few records all day long, Nightingale, Rapture, previous STS and November´s Doom, this is going like this since March now :D

the new Swallow the Sun is great so far, was really looking forward to that release. though i feel like a lying thief writing here, because technically i didn-t buy the cd, just downloaded it... but hey im broke at the moment. eventually i will.

I had actualy i "big" order the other day...

Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Dark Tranquillity - Damage done
Dark Tranquillity - Minds I - Deluxe * 5 Bonus Track
Dark Tranquillity - Gallery - Deluxe * 5 Bonus Track
Suidakra - Sings For The Fallen
Suidakra - Command To Charge

Picked up these the other day at vintage vinyl...

Dark Tranquillity- Haven
Kreator- Pleasure to Kill
Death - Individual Though Patterns
Nevermore -Nevermore
Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Exodus - Shovel Headed Kill Machine

I wanna get the new Gamma Ray cd, anyone listen to it yet?

@fireangel: yeah, Reclusion had the same effect on me, but then it grew on me, like Villain there said. TD deserve more listenings, they bring something new to the metal music.

How could I forget this
Rosenrot by Rammstein
I bought both copies, the regular CD and the CD w/DVD.
They should be winging their way to my place in a little over 2 weeks.
I have this obsession for collecting R+ disc, I have not counted them lately
but have well over 500 different R+ CDs.
That does not include cassettes, DVD's, vinyl or about 80 live bootlegs.
Where will it all end?

OCTAVIA SPERATI : Winter Enclosure
ORPHANAGE : Driven

13.gif

I tried to find teh enw solefald cd in my local record store but there was no cd anymwhere so I picked up:
sigur ros-aegetis brun
sigur ros-()
I just had the VON album,IMO they do a really cool relaxing music and there is no similiar band who sounds like them

I can't stop staring at your signature, Malaclypse. o_O

@solefald
ahh, I want to see what you think of new solefald as your nick makes me think you like them quite a lot. their new album is... weird. i haven't made up my mind about it yet

splitter - vardagsångest
arcturus - sideshow symphonies
christian kjellvander - faya

solefald said:
IMO they (sigur rós) do a really cool relaxing music and there is no similiar band who sounds like them

you might want to check out the, also icelandic, band múm. a bit more uptempo (well, relatively speaking), but they also have this dreamy aura about them.

additionally, some post rock bands (a silver mt. zion, mogwai) are at times at least somewhat similar.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
Full of Cave & Bad Seeds' best songs (I don't feel like saying classics since I would have to name City Of Refuge for the sake of it being a classic), namely The Mercy Seat, Up Jumped The Devil, Mercy, Slowly Goes The Night and Sunday's Slave. The rest are very good too. More rock than on the latest releases.
9/10

^ - Breathless/There She Goes, My Beautiful World
Just felt like buying it (for the b-side Under This Moon), though I usually don't buy singles.

Carnival In Coal - Fear Not
Got it as used since I'm not likely to find it or just to bother to find it as new. Not as good as Collection Prestige, the same wackiness is there but the hooks, the catchiness and the things that make Collection awesome mostly aren't there. Haven't given it too many listens, so I might grow to like it more. The lyrics are funny, as usual.
7/10

Testament - The New Order
This album is so damn good. It's just so fucking metal and so heavy, so catchy and so damn good. I don't think there's a bad song on it, though A Day Of Reckoning and Nobody's Fault are less good than the rest. Nevertheless, the riffs, the tightness of it and Chuck Billy's vocals, bass that you can actually hear doing cool things. Metal history.
9 ½/10

Viikate - Noutajan Valssi
I'm not good at describing Viikate, but at least on this album they combine melodic hard rock and certain elements of old Finnish pop with great melancholy and it comes out something very good. The songs are pretty down-to-earth both in musicianship and lyrics, usually dealing with (the troubles of) life in the countryside.
They've taken to a more common rock sound as of late, which is bit of a shame, though the new stuff is good too.
9/10

Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Thought it was about time to buy it, and it's one of their best albums of course. Sometimes I'm totally tired of the keyboards on this album, especially in The Same and Fabric, sometimes I really like them. At least it's good that they still kept trying new things.
And of course some of their best stuff is on Haven, Not Built To Last, Ego Drama and At Loss For Words in particular.
8 ½/10

Still don't have the new Solefald. It's not like I ordered it three weeks ago or anything, expecting to have it on the release date. Better start buying online.