Which cd did you just buy?

well sirenia is cool, nothing really extraordinary or avantgardistic but good and hard gothic metal. I saw them live last year on the summer-breeze festival and it was a really intensive and impressive gig. these choirs(DAT) and guitars live yeah they rocked!

picked up these today...
Atheist- Unquestionable Presence
Atheist- Piece of Time
Cynic-Focus
Wintersun-S/T
Kreator- Coma of Souls
Grave Digger- Excalibur
The Absence- From your Grave

plus i got the first three rainbow records on vinyl for $3 each!

Took Delirious's advice and got "An elixir for existence" by Sirenia. And then "Sirenian shores". To quote myself from the official Sirenia forum,

UndoControl said:
Judging from how Sirenia has changed throughout the albums, it seems they are falling into the same regrettable fate Theatre Of Tragedy fell into five years ago: to turn a beautiful gothic band with complex songs and intelligent, profound lyrics into an horrible synth-pop act with simple lyrics, stupid and catchy choruses and terrible industrial-style vocals. I bought Sirenia's "At sixes" on sunday and fell in love with the band (actually making Theatre Of Tragedy not sound so wonderful to me anymore because suddenly i had found a much more amazing band); i borrowed "An elixir" from a friend today and was very disappointed with it; and i downloaded "Sirenian shores" today and listened horrified as i realized Sirenia was faithfully following Theatre Of Tragedy's steps. If Sirenia's next album continues with the trend, the band will finish losing any good status they have left in my mind. =(

Time to turn greedy eyes elsewhere in the realms of music...

dismantled - postnuclear (so. damn. good. album.)
fields of the nephilim - mourning sun
fields of the nephilim - elizium
the crown - eternal death
ebony tears - evil as hell (cheesy as hell album title)
nick cave - "the story" with a four track bonus cd

Undo: i guess my optimism might be due to the fact that i actually happen to like synth-pop and terrible industrial-style vocals, then. :p

at least a good thing you bought asas and borrowed aefe, and not the other way round.

but i actually do! :p

so that could probably be a serious explanation as well; me not being a traditional metalhead probably makes me having an easier time to accept changes in sound etc. i don't even reflect on what you thought about the vocals, possibly since... well, if that's "terrible industrial-style" i dare say some or even most ebm bands' vocals would make you shiver. :)

Yea, not a big fan of vocals that sound like a robot's. Rumor has it Theatre Of Tragedy will release an Aégis-like album in 2006. Let us hope this means they're going back, if not to the old and amazing gothic style they had, at least the regular gothic rock they had going on with "Aégis" and "Cassandra".

I never had any money to buy albums until now... my collection used to be 1 album. I've bought:-

In Flames - The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance
Hypocrisy - 10 Years of Chaos and Confusion
Hypocrisy - Virus
Insomnium - Since the Day it all Came Down

The 1 album I had before I bought those was In Flames - Clayman which I bought in about Decemeber 2003... :erk:

Totally new HATECRAFT’s album “Lost Consolation”. Amazing tunes! “Demon of Mine”, “The Punisher” and “New Day” kill me. Oh!

My dad gave me yesterday:

Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force: Unleash the Fury :worship:

F%&/(* GREAT!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I recommend you people buying this Cd, it's really good. Not many solos, but my favourite nontheless. :Spin:

Rammstein: Reise, Reise.

Haven't heard, I guess it'll be fine, it's not like I love Rammstein, but I don't dislike it either.

Haha, bullshit. Amour is one of the best Rammstein songs. Nothing to do with Rammstein? It's the fucking band playing those songs. Ohne Dich is a boring ballad, but nevertheless it's the band playing it...Reise, Reise is much more progressive, as far as Rammstein can be progressive, than Mutter. It is much better, too.