Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • Hip Hop

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • UK Garage

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
I think that you all need to reevaluate your ideas of genres. Certainly, specific subgenres can contain an almost complete content of shit, but the parent genre of which they are a child will certainly contain something of worth.

Amen. I agree with you there. But some genres of music I dont get but I wont hate it just because of it you know.

Because pop music isn't only teenybopper crap. Some of the best albums ever were released from pop groups. U2 - War, U2 - The Joshua Tree, Depeche Mode - Black Celebration, Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses, Depeche Mode - Violator, etc. the list goes on and on. Pop music can suck, but it can be uplifting and beautiful as well.

Well if pop is so great can i borrow all your pop CDs since you all obviously love it so much you must have loads of UK Garage, Misteeq, Gareth Gates, Take That, BoyZone, Westlife etc. This way i can really assess the music for its true qualities. Not my rash judgement of a genre that cleary goes much deeper than producers getting money of teenagers! Silly me, what a fool i was. My judgement was clearly shrouded. I can't believe i had the unmitigated audacity to strike out at pop music and for that....i apologise to all you pop-lovin' people.

Benzine said:
Well if pop is so great can i borrow all your pop CDs since you all obviously love it so much you must have loads of UK Garage, Misteeq, Gareth Gates, Take That, BoyZone, Westlife etc. This way i can really assess the music for its true qualities. Not my rash judgement of a genre that cleary goes much deeper than producers getting money of teenagers! Silly me, what a fool i was. My judgement was clearly shrouded. I can't believe i had the unmitigated audacity to strike out at pop music and for that....i apologise to all you pop-lovin' people.

Listen to U2 - War and get back to me. Until then, you can remain blissfully ignorant.

Pop punk... all bad? Surely even the most fervent of metalheads can admit to their being some small aspect of enjoyability in pop punk. Some of the most famous rock bands have been pop punk, including The Ramones. Bad Religion, NOFX, and Jawbreaker are other examples of at least decent pop punk, and in the case of Bad Religion pretty damn genius pop punk.

And Benzine, my lad, what are you trying to say?

LuminousAether said:
Pop punk... all bad? Surely even the most fervent of metalheads can admit to their being some small aspect of enjoyability in pop punk. Some of the most famous rock bands have been pop punk, including The Ramones. Bad Religion, NOFX, and Jawbreaker are other examples of at least decent pop punk, and in the case of Bad Religion pretty damn genius pop punk.

And Benzine, my lad, what are you trying to say?

Pop punk has to be the worst garbage ever, When punk becomes pop its not punk anymore

just shut the fuck up luminous, you think you're so fucking better than everyone else. Why not just let everyone state their opinion without twats like you damning them for stating it, assholes like you ruin these message boards

LuminousAether said:
Pop punk... all bad? Surely even the most fervent of metalheads can admit to their being some small aspect of enjoyability in pop punk.

I think you should learn how to use the word "their". You have clearly mistaken it for "there". Stupid. :lol:
And you're NOT a metalhead so don't pretend you are.