Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Immortal

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Slayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burzum

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
Y'know....I don't know why people have to focus on image when they determine stuff like this. Cradle Of Filth may not offer the best music (although it sure as hell is better than anything Burzum ever did....or Mayhem for that matter) but have any of you people taken the time to read Cradle Of Filth's words? Dani's lyrics make every other band's lyrics on that list look like pre-school alphabet soup.

Y'know, if anything, Dimmu Borgir bastardized black metal a lot more than Cradle Of Filth did. It was Dimmu that made black metal wonderfully listenable, Cradle Of Filth really aren't much less brutal or fast than most traditional black metal. But....darn.....they got popular. How terrible. It's pathetic really, how much that makes people ignore what's on the disc.

I agree ScultedCold. CoF might not have the same sound they did when they started out, but neither does anybody else. Ulver, Arcturus, Mayhem, Emperor, Immortal (only slightly different), Darkthrone, etc. All black metal bands have changed to some degree. If CoF would have never played the more "blackened" stuff, as on the first few releases, they would have never been "bastardized" by most underground metalheads.

By the way, Tool has some pretty intelligent music and lyrics. Don't judge them unless you have listened very closely and actually tried to figure them out.

I have heard Tool closely(for I was kind of a fan years a go) and I don't like them.but I didn't vote for them.Metallica is the gayest band ever.they sold out completely.they fucking suck.they should have called it quits after master of puppets

Well I originally had Manowar on there but I removed them because I thought it'd be a "No contest." But if I had thought of adding Sinergy and Children of Bodom at the time I would have thrown them on there along with Manowar. It undoubtedly would have been a good showdown between Sinergy and Maonwar. Oh well, maybe next time. :loco:

Looks like I should have thrown In Flames on there too.

Originally posted by xenophobe
Eviscerator, what bands do you like?

Dismember, Defleshed, Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Vomitory, Monstrosity, Ritual Carnage, The Haunted, Nile, Lamb of God, Fleshcrawl, Incantation, Death, Obituary, Entombed, Dying Fetus, Devourment, Carnage, Grave, Centinex, Sinister, Vehemence, Origin, Benediction, Dissection, Necrophobic, Deeds of Flesh, Meshuggah, Amorphis, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Randy Rhoads era Ozzy (Ozzy's a fag), early Metallica, early Slayer, early Sepultura mid era In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Bolt Thrower, Amon Amarth, Witchery, a little Opeth if I'm in the right mood, and a bunch more obscure bands.

I definitely enjoy a good homosexual band or two myself every now and then. ;)

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
:lol: Yes Manowar wins even though their not on the list.

B000005RF7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
eww :yuk: eww :yuk: eww :yuk:

Y'know, if anything, Dimmu Borgir bastardized black metal a lot more than Cradle Of Filth did. It was Dimmu that made black metal wonderfully listenable, Cradle Of Filth really aren't much less brutal or fast than most traditional black metal. But....darn.....they got popular. How terrible. It's pathetic really, how much that makes people ignore what's on the disc.
The reason why I don't like Cradle of Filth is because of their music! As simple as that. I saw the video to "From cradle to enslave" and it was horrible. The music itself wasn't horrible though, but not good either. I have "Dusk and her embrace" and I can only find around 2 or 3 riffs on that disk that I think are decent, the rest is crap! There's not one single song on that disc that I like! The record is filled with crappy riffs IMO. "She mourns a lengthening shadow" from "Vempire" is a great song though, but that's also different from their usual stuff.
I've never paid attention to lyrics and if COF have super great lyrics I don't go buy their records. I buy records for the music, not for the lyrics, as I think there's no point in listening to music you can't stand just because it has great lyrics. I could listen to the Danish band TV2 (Ulvedal probably know what I'm talking about) then!
COF's image is just another thing for me to dislike them. Of course this has nothing to do with their music, but I have a hard time taking them seriously when they look stupid and they have slogans on their t-shirt with pussy, cunts and all that shit. To me black metal lyrics/slogans and so on should be more about mystique, dark and sombre things, not "Hey, I wanna fuck some bitches", that's what rap is for!
I have seen one of their shirts I really wanna get though, as it had the print "Dead bitches don't say no"!! Although I don't like them, it sure as hell was funny!
But all in all, I don't like Cradle of Filth because of their music and on top of that they seem so phony and corny!