Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Immortal

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Slayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burzum

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
It is ashame no band can just make a album that rocks and keep going with out selling out!
Q. how many bands can you say have not sold out for HEAVY MeTAL?
1. Slayer
2. Iron Madien
3. MegaDeth
4. Anthrax
5. anyone else I cannot think of?:p

I don't know what's worse... the fact that you put Tool at the top, or the fact that they're taking up third place with 7 votes.

I hate you, AND all 7 of the people who voted for Tool.

Originally posted by Moonwitch
It is ashame no band can just make a album that rocks and keep going with out selling out!
1. Slayer
2. Iron Madien
3. MegaDeth
4. Anthrax
5. anyone else I cannot think of?:p

You list some of the most mainstream bands as examples of bands that have never sold out? :lol:

I like the new material of all of these bands, but I have to admit that each of them, with the exception of Iron Maiden, made a conscious change in their sound to try to gain more mass appeal.

There are thousands of bands that never came close to selling out, just pick up a magazine other than Metal Edge and Hit Parader and you can find out about some of them.

I voted for Cannibal Corpse. Nothing wrong with Burzum's music, I love it. But if you say any of the bands on that list can "kick his ass", that has nothing to do with being a bad musician..

1. Slayer
2. Iron Madien
3. MegaDeth
4. Anthrax
5. anyone else I cannot think of?

As TheBloodFeaster pointed out, all except Iron Maiden has gone more commercial so to speak. I don't know I would say that of Slayer, although I think their two newest records sucked pretty much! To me their new stuff is just muddy bad riffs and a lot of screaming and yelling, where as their older stuff had better riffs, it was more catchy and Tom Araya at least tried to sing (although he never really succeded). On another note, I think it's pretty sad to see Kerry King in that Sum 41 video!
But anyway, bands that haven't sold out (IMO):
Type O Negative
Opeth
Darkthrone
Emperor
Satyricon (although "Rebel.." wasn't as good as its 2 predecessors)
Joe Satriani
Testament
Dead Can Dance
And so on...

On one hand, people complain that they are no metal band ( yada yada ) and then every time some metal-yeahyeahyeah-head wants to give crap, he gives it to tool. If it's not metal, leave it alone now, won't ya? :mad:

+ Tool is a genre on its own...
+ I can't believe that there are people listening to Cannibal Crap -when they can't appreciate TOOL, Yeah taste in music is subjective - but.. not THAT MUCH

* I don't find the poll gay, so what, it's just a harmless poll, to pass time. I just don't agree with having TOOL among a bunch of totally irrelevant bands such as cannibal corpse and burzum.
* and why a band has to be gay, and not simly.. sucky? homophobia ? :p
* I voted for Marduk, I despise them! eeeeeuuuuuu :mad:

Originally posted by Board

But anyway, bands that haven't sold out (IMO):
Type O Negative
Joe Satriani
Dead Can Dance
And so on...

Well these three bands aren't much farther removed than POP. They're commercial anyways...

Selling out would be rather pointless.