Who else is SICK of hardcore dancing?

PalaceOfMourning

New Metal Member
Feb 5, 2004
Especially at metal shows!! When i get dragged to some hardcore show by some of my friends of inferior taste, I suppose i'm asking for it. But what's up with people throwing punches in the pit at a metal show!? I just want to enjoy the music and maybe get in the pit for a song or two, but now it's just plain unsafe! I'm not against getting wild or expressing yourself, but some guy broke my kneecap at a show last year. Your ability to express yourself ends within one foot of me, fucker! This asenine trend has simply become de rigeur at heavy shows.

It's by no means 'cool' to think you're Bruce Lee when you're in a mosh pit. Hopefully, this disgusting Neandrethalic trend will end and I can start going to shows for fast and heavy music again. Now I mainly go see noise-rock, folk, and slower metal bands (like Jucifer, who fucking rule). I hesitate to go see Dillinger Escape Plan this next week due to the fact that I'll just get pissed off when some guy in a trucker cap (I could write another post about how looking like you walked off the set of Deliverance is fucking ridiculous) starts punching the floor next to me and hits me in the face.

Please comment if you hate this stupidity, and if you do hardcore dance, tell me why you think that it's OK to do!

I agree. Legs and arms flying everywhere during breaks is annoying. Why can't everyone just smash there head to the music, eh? It would be a much more enjoyable experience. Everytime I go to a show I always find myself keeping an eye on the mosh pit more than anything, not to watch the idiots in it but to make sure I don't end up in it!

And BTW, I hope you have fun seeing DEP next week! I would never EVER want to be even remotely close to a pit at a DEP show.

I'm not a big fan of any of that crap. I hope the fad dies and never comes back.

register at www.listen-to.com.... itll tell you how to download and install the plugin you need for whatever winamp, windows media player, etc.... itll keep your listening stats, and go to "broadcast it" to get a signature image.....

its really slow though at the moment, they need to upgrade their server, so when you click on something there you might have to wait some time for it to load.

Guardian of Darkness said:
It's called 'not going into the pit'.
Exactly.

To answer the thread's question: Pussies like you. People want to express themselves. If you have a problem with it and want to guarentee tyour safety don't go on the floor. Or stay a couple layers of people back. Chaotic aggressive action comes with chaotic aggressive music.

Yeah. Hardcore dancing sux. When some idiot hits me accidentally at a show, I want to just beat the crap out of them, but I don't do it because I don't want to get kicked out of the show. Windmilling and floorpunching looks retarded, and I don't see why people do it anyways.

I agree on both sides of this, one I can see what people are getting at when they talk about getting pulled into the pit, not wanting to be a part of it, i can also see the other side of the coin, every generation has its 'thing', when the punk scene was massive in the late seventies it was near the norm to go and kick the living daylights out of some poor sod at a Sham 69 gig, and if you didnt leave covered in blood it was a pretty crap night, so weve already had that, then there was the 80's where everyone seemed to own an air guitar (some still do, including me to my shame when im mind numbingly drunk!) the 90's, dawn of bands like Pantera/Slayer etc, this is more or less where your modern day 'mosh' stems from, its hard, aggressive and makes you want to do something violent. Think about it this way, for those in their forties on here or late thirties, when we were kids it was cool to be into rock, now (especially Britain where I live) rock is thought of as a cliche, and is usually treated as such, therefore rock fans usually get singled out in someway for some unnecesary treatment by the 'moral majority', no wonder they are so pissed off! I know I am! but im too old to do anything about it usually!

Last gig I went to was a Raging Speedhorn gig with Amen headlining, it was pure chaos, the security didnt have a clue what was going on but the crowd loved it (in the end most of the 'security' fucked off to the bar anyway (wise move!)) yeah there was a good mosh pit which I wasnt in but I couldnt help thinking that if only some of the lads held a little back, then those trendy arseholes up at the local niteklub would have something real to worry about!! (not that Im condoning violence towards the mentally backward members of our society, oh no, not me!)

So I think theres is a place for it, and for all those (myself included) who dont want to get into the pit, dont go near it, the kids wanna let off steam (and boy do they, rock fans, hardest music fans in the biz!) it could be worse you know, we could all be seated!!!!!!!!! Ahhhggh!!!!!

i think it is retarded that i have to get some fat sweaty slobs hair in my eyes cause he is looking retarded swinging it in every direction. I want to beat the shit outta him. ITs expression. All of this show shit is equally stupid. If expression was taken out of a show then we might as well listen to the albums at home. I know the feeling of getting hit by an asshole when you were completely avoiding it.

not quite sure what youre on about Sadude (im totally out of it a the minute, probably why) can you explain a bit more (im feeling kinda retarded at the minute man!)

BTW Wonder Years ROCKED! I remember her!!

THus my point is proven. Metal Heads are pussies! Mr. Gory,satanic, nihilistic, paganistic viking afraid of taking a punch? WHo would've thought. From the ideological perspective, oyu would think metal shows would be far more full of life than a core show.