Who else is SICK of hardcore dancing?

Listening to metal does not necessarily make one "gory, satanic, nihilistic" or being afraid to "take a punch".

The complaints against hardcore dancing are in its appropriateness. Most of the time its a bunch of hardcore fans who for some reason feel the need to go to a metal show and do their pit dancing. Nevermind the fact that metal music is generally not suited for that sort of thing, chances are these people know nothing about the music and aren't really there to see a concert anyway. To them it's just an excuse to hit people.

I don't think this is an issue with moshing, this has more to do with the act of pit dancing. I don't think too many metalheads object to the idea of moshing. It all has to do with what's appropriate for what style of music.

i HATE fucking hardcore dancing, its so fucking annoying having some asshole right behind you nearly kicking you in the back, i dont even bother with the pit, but come on, when theres not a pit around dont throw your fucking arms and legs around trying to start one, b/c chances are, at a death metal show, you wont find any Madball fans

it doesn't bother me at all. If I'm at a metal show I'm nowwhere near the pit anyway(I'm up front headbanging), so if it happens, I don't notice it. When I go to see a band like Atreyu, From Autumn to Ashes, Unearth, or whatever, though, it's a completely different beast. At a hardcore show, I don't care about being up front as much, so I just stand around, and if I feel the urge, I jump into the pit and start swinging and kicking.

To sum up my stance on the issue: When in Rome...

Anyway, it's to be expected to see hardcore dancing at metal shows these days, SINCE A LOT OF METAL BANDS HAVE BEEN TOURING WITH HARDCORE BANDS.

It annoys me at times. I'm not scared of taking a punch (or being a "pussy" as some people in this thread would call me) I just think it's retarded. I can take a punch and generally I don‘t mind if it‘s in good fun, but I don't feel like it when I'm listening to music and trying to enjoy a performance. If I wanted to dance around like an idiot I'd rather just go to an aerobics class. I don’t go to a show to fight a bunch of people, I go to enjoy the music...and for me, punching a bunch of people or being punched myself is not my ideal way of listening to a live performance.

when i was a young buck i was quite into all the mish mosh and what not. i dont particularly care for it now.

moshing at a dillinger escape plan show doesnt seem so bad though. they only played with hardcore bands for the first 5 or some years of their career. it's sort of to be expected.

It's unfortunate that hardcore dancing happens at metal shows. It just shows the difference between the two genres. Metalheads in general seem more appreciative of the music, and hardcore kids more fond of the experience. I love listening to metal on my stereo, but I'd rather fucking be stuck in a traffic jam than go to a show just stand there for three hours watching some guy in a costume molest his guitar. A hardcore show on the other hand.... the singer is jumping around the stage like a rabid monkey, passing the mike for singalongs, there's pile ons, headwalks, moshing across the stage to crowd surf, walls of death, skiping, circle-pitting, floorpunching, windmills... fuck! Diss the music all you want, but a hardcore show has the most energy and is by far the more fun to watch from the sideline.

When fists and feet are flying, there's definitely a chance to get hurt, but i'd rather go into a hardcore pit than a metal one. You do your thing for 5 to 10 seconds, and bail. There's not a bunch of fat nu-metal fucks standing in the way who try to take a swing at every kid that flys past him.

This thread reminds me of the semi-recent Cephalic Carnage, Hate Eternal, Terror, Madball, Hatebreed tour. This is one tour that should not have happened, for all parties involved.

I was headbanging at a Biohazard concert last year and some of the pit dancing kids looked at me funny. I wanted to tell them that's what metalheads do dumbasses.

SADUDE said:
Exactly.

To answer the thread's question: Pussies like you. People want to express themselves. If you have a problem with it and want to guarentee tyour safety don't go on the floor. Or stay a couple layers of people back. Chaotic aggressive action comes with chaotic aggressive music.

Your right, I remember I got pulled into one once when I was like 20 people away, I stabbed the same guy that dragged me into it, paralyzed him for life, and i pleaded self defense.

Hopefully I'll go to one of your shows and show you what 'pussies' do to people that dont like to interact with 20 year olds who think they will get something out of dragging others to something they dont want to.

Oh and if you haven't noticed, i aint in jail, and ill gladely do it again if idiots try and drag me into something I don't like.

Mosh pits just suck. I was at some dumbshit concert with my little sister a while back (hey, I got payed $20 to go with her, I'm not complaining, even though the music sucked) and it was rather amusing to see all the little poser kids jumping up and down, thinking that they were in a mosh pit. Some guy tried to drag me into one of the "pits," so I punched him in the face and he looked like he was gonna fuckin' cry or something. Was actually amusing, and that alone was worth having to be there for 3 hours of shitty music.

HardSide said:
Your right, I remember I got pulled into one once when I was like 20 people away, I stabbed the same guy that dragged me into it, paralyzed him for life, and i pleaded self defense.

Hopefully I'll go to one of your shows and show you what 'pussies' do to people that dont like to interact with 20 year olds who think they will get something out of dragging others to something they dont want to.

Oh and if you haven't noticed, i aint in jail, and ill gladely do it again if idiots try and drag me into something I don't like.

I would never drag some one in. But expect to get hit if you are near the pit. IPersonally I would have no probelm shooting you. I probably wouldn't though. Cause it would be funny to have some of the boys drag you to a boot party, and reshape your face how they saw fit.