Who is going to MDF '09

Are you going to MDF 2009?

• Total voters
Hey, can anyone explain to me the difference between a Personal and Premium account on paypal as far as fees go? I found out I got charged a fee on the last payment I received, so I did some looking around on the site and read that paypal charges a fee for every payment received (though for some reason this didn't happen for me the first two times...), and that Premium accounts have a lower fee for receiving payments. I figured there must be some subscription fee for having a Premium account, so I went into the account upgrade menu to see if it would tell me what it is, and before I realised it, it had upgraded my account without any mention of fees or "are you sure you want to do this?" at all.

I assume there's got to be some drawback to having a premium account, but I can't find out what it is. I read some post on Yahoo answers from someone who says they weren't getting charged fees with the Personal account but were with Premium. So I'm just really confused right now. Halp?

I think the premium account just allows you to receive payments in addition to sending payments. The fees are something most people just generally suck up instead of making the sender pay it, since it's not their fault.

Well I was receiving payments with the regular account before I did the upgrade. Of the three payments I've received so far (all with the regular account), I was only charged a fee on the last one, which is confusing. I guess I'll wait for Andy to send his money and see how the fee compares.

I think paypal gives you a couple freebies before they realize, "hey, this guy is probably going to be getting payments now, we'd better "upgrade" his account so we actually profit from it." It's pretty gay, I know.

Yeah, I understand them charging a fee and all, but in this case the fee was $2.16 for a payment of about $64, which is pretty ridiculous. If the fees under the premium account are anywhere near that, I cannot see myself using this service in the future - at least not for amounts of this size. That's expensive as hell compared to just mailing a check.

Never mind, I re-read the fees policy and realised that receiving payments is free for the regular account as long as it's done by a paypal transfer and not a credit/debit card. Sadistik must have paid me using a card, the bastard.

So now I just need to figure out how to get out of this premium account so that I don't get a fee on ALL my received payments.

So yeah looks like I'm healing too fast and will be back in the army and fucking miss bolt thrower, I hate myself right now

Quick, go jump off a rooftop.

You could be this guy's successor:

bolt%20thrower%20wheelchair%20mosh.jpg

Quick, go jump off a rooftop.

You could be this guy's successor:

bolt%20thrower%20wheelchair%20mosh.jpg

Thats like total Jeff Beccerra style. I mean I have nothing against people in a wheelchair, quite the opposite and this is just fucking rad. I meant to say that Jeff Beccerra is probably that guy or going to be. I saw the new incarnation of Possessed in Vegas (with Sadistic Intent handling the music....which can't do wrong at all) and Beccerra was starting getting crazy in the pit. He is a pretty insane drunkard.

bought my airline ticket today. i fly in at 230. to make things easier im gonna bring one carry on and buy my clothes at the fest. well, just the shirts.
~gR~

Damn I wish the fetivals in my city were as good as MDF. We have the Goregrowlers Ball here, but they're still getting started and don't have the high caliber lineups as of yet. Since MDF's a thousand miles away, I have to pass unfortunately.

Damn I wish the fetivals in my city were as good as MDF. We have the Goregrowlers Ball here, but they're still getting started and don't have the high caliber lineups as of yet. Since MDF's a thousand miles away, I have to pass unfortunately.

Goregrowlers Ball? That sounds retarded.

im flying from colorado, you can do it
~gR~