Who is the guitar god of death metal?

Chuck and Trey ... and Terrence Hobbs of Suffocation

But now I would say Vogg from DECAPITATED ... the guy is the most inventive and fluid player ... simply brutal!

AjDeath said:
Come on now, Chuck has to be it, and anyone who thinks Chuck was a mediocre guitarist, fucking eat it, that is one of the lamest things I have ever heard, his solos are really boring though....apppppppppppppphuwerqh3byw67i9 Jackass.

Well, as you said, his solos ARE some of the most boring ever and as a rhythm player, he isn't that special when it comes to death metal. Technically he might be proficient but as a guitarist, he tends to be boring.

bill steer - Carcass HE WAS THE MAN!
mike ammot - carcass (not in the crappy arch enemy baah)
trey - morbid angel \m/
chuck schuldiner of course who said his solos are boring must be out of his mind, his solos fucking rule, it may be not the most technical stuff but they rule especially on symbolic and TSOP, but its true some of death's best solos are done by other guitarrists, the solo on trapped in a corner is godly!!

Neurotic said:
bill steer - Carcass HE WAS THE MAN!
mike ammot - carcass (not in the crappy arch enemy baah)
trey - morbid angel \m/
chuck schuldiner of course who said his solos are boring must be out of his mind, his solos fucking rule, it may be not the most technical stuff but they rule especially on symbolic and TSOP, but its true some of death's best solos are done by other guitarrists, the solo on trapped in a corner is godly!!

His solos are almost always very similar to each other i.e. once you've heard one, you've heard them all. Only on Symbolic and more so on TSOP did he have some more memorable and different solos.

Chuck
I can't believe you guys are saying this shit about him being mediocre. Death Metal is called Death metal because of the band Death. I think it might mean something if your the founder of that band.

MetalHeadMarc said:
Chuck
I can't believe you guys are saying this shit about him being mediocre. Death Metal is called Death metal because of the band Death. I think it might mean something if your the founder of that band.

Oh, of course! How could I be so stupid! LoL!!! The bands Doom, Grindcore, Black and Thrash are responsible for their genre's names too! And that means they kick ass!

Congrats! you win the Pop-Logic Award©!!!!!!Oh wait....those bands don't exist. damn!

Does the name Slayer mean anything to you??

Another vote for Chuck and Trey

Chuck was THE man who really got Death metal going, and was a GREAT songwriter. He also was a strong personality that was 100% metal!
A visionary

Trey is the model Death metal guitarist pretty much-you name it..he can do it.

Bill Steer is up there too..too bad he stopped playing metal.

MetalChef said:
Another vote for Chuck and Trey

Chuck was THE man who really got Death metal going, and was a GREAT songwriter. He also was a strong personality that was 100% metal!
A visionary

Trey is the model Death metal guitarist pretty much-you name it..he can do it.

Bill Steer is up there too..too bad he stopped playing metal.
yeh man how i miss bill steer:yell: maybe someday he will feel agressive again...* puts carcass - impropagation* argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!