Who is the worst singer in metal?

TIMO KOTIPELTO SUCKS!!!!!

He was ok on Infinite and Destiny, but everyother strato album has got some parts where the singing makes me cringe. Besides, he used a lot of autotune on Elements Pt. 1

For those bashing Labrie, I agree that he has lost a lot of what he had in the
I&W days. But if you've seen him live recently, he's nailing the high notes much better than he was on the FII, SFAM, and 6DOIT tours. I don't think he's the greatest singer that ever lived (like many jaded DT fans), but I think his timbre is great, he's technically proficient, and his range is coming back.

Granted he's no Russell.

to allt the Kotipelto bashers.. I'd like to see Russell try to sing "Find your own voice", he hasn't got the range for it. Anyway, I still don't think Timo isn't a great vocalist, and prefer Russell over him any day.. There's a song on the new Strato album where the vocals really make me cringe.. Soooo daamn, off-key!!

Labrie is amazing though, and I like Sammett too.

I don't see the point in these negative bash-type threads....

R*O*C*K*S* said:
I think a lot of people are mistaking personal taste with talent

Andre Matos a bad singer ? please ...

whether you like him or not he is outstanding
Nonono, you see... this is what is known as an opinion. If someone thinks he sucks, they shouldn't have to say, "Weeeeell, I really hate this guy's voice, but I have to admit that he's outstanding."

Makes no sense. :p

:lol: @ arglebargle. But he brings up a good point... as for negative bashing threads, it is cause for some good discussion...

did anyone say the dude from shadow's fall yet?

If we can include death metal, then I would say Karl Sanders, from Nile. He switches off singing with the other guitarist Dallas-Toler Wade, but when Karl sings all the syllabels are slurred together, and you can't even tell what he is saying, even while reading the lyrics. It's ridiculous. Notice: Black Seeds of Vengeance, the song.

However, if we are talking prog metal, I would have to say Sonata Arctica's singer. I thought that he sung in a different language, but I realized it was his terrible English. Its like you can always hear him, but never really know what he is saying.

SilentRealm said:
man looking at this thread, im seeing all those people we used to know and love that dont come here anymore.. eery

Then I'll have to try and post here more often... :lol:

Did you get any Atrox? Monika ruins that band!

Halford and Ripper Owens are both average vocalists

WHAT! Say what you want about Ripper, but Halford average?

If anybody's not familiar with Halford's "Live Insurrection", listen to "Silent Screams" off that album. That's the best example of his vocal prowess as I can think of. I also think it isn't just that he uses falsetto, it's that he has one of the BEST falsetto's. Check out "Love Bites" from "Priest...Live!" His banshee scream at 3:40 gives me chills everytime I hear it.

Sorry for the anal retentive examples but this really hit a nerve.