Who seriously can believe in bible?

Silver Incubus said:
I had been thinking more about some of the biggest hypocracy in the bible being that God gives Moses the Ten Commandments one of which says thou shall not kill, but yet we have this same God Killing masses of people, smiting the wicked and so on. I would say that should be there biggest Red flag of them all. Or is God suppose to be one of these do as i say not as I do kind of thing?
The King James version isn't the most accurate translation of the Bible. The more accurate versions use 'murder' instead of 'kill' in Exodus 20:13.

Zhou Tai 04 said:
The King James version isn't the most accurate translation of the Bible. The more accurate versions use 'murder' instead of 'kill' in Exodus 20:13.

So when God commands Saul to wipe out the Amalekites- man, woman and child for something their ancestors did to the ancestors of the Israelites in 1 Sam. 15:1-4 does that count as killing or murder?

Here's something interesting a friend of mine thought about. It's his post from another forum. He calls it "The lord is my savior!!!"

a moogle from the Kamelot Forum said:
~an argument as to the validity of the bible~
"As for some things to add to the argument. As far as the bible, I think one of my biggest problems with it is that it is such bullshit. I mentioned all this in another thread somewhere, but basically, the bible was written decades/centuries after the main events (for the new testement, longer for the old). Word of mouth retellings of stories ALWAYS get modified somehow after that long if there is no written record to set ppl back on track. It is like the telephone game. Also, it was written in a language that is now obsolete and obscur, then translated into other languages that are now, by current standards, basically ancient. Translations were made of translations and so on and so forth.Think of DNA. There are only 4 possible pieces in the puzzle, and they have to be in pairs. So you would think that a transcription would be incredibly simple to be done correctly. BUT, errors occur in DNA at a relatively high rate. Keep in mind, this is simply a transcription, and not a translation. Say every thousand times the bible is transcribed, just one word is changed. Now think of the fact that the events happend 2 thousand years ago. How many errors would have occur by now? and those don't even count translation errors.Then there's the fact that some words in one language can have multiple meanings in another. The choice of which meaning to use is left to man. Man is a faulted creature. How can we, as ppl, know which meaning God intended? We simply can't.The bible as a whole is flawed, without even beginning to mention the possible contradictions it contains."

Woman are basically slaves to men according to the bible
"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee"

-The "Holy" Bible

Summary of a tweaked up bible story
"Also, if God was perfect and knew everything, why would he then need to fight Satan in the Book Of Job. That's one of the shittiest books I've ever read, let me summarize it: So, there's this dude Job who's got it going on for him in every aspect of life. He has a great family, a cool ranch, cattle, food, etc... He is devout to God and thanks him every day for his good fortune. Now, one day, God says: "Oh Job, I wish more people were like him. He's so cool". Then Satan says:"Man, he only likes you because you have given him a cool life". Then God says: "Oh yeah, take a look at this Satan". So, God basically destroys everything Job ever knew: his house, his ranch, his cattle, his family, everything!. All of this he does it in cruel and aweful ways, but that's just the beginning. He proceeds by making Job sick as a dog, thing that doesn't bother Job that much, as he still believes in God :eek!. Even after he lost everything, Job still accepts his fate and still proclaims himself to love God . Then God says to Satan: "See dude! I told you, he was still gonna love me! Haha, pwned!". "
God is a murderous pig
~"Thou shall not kill”~

"God Kills 70,000 Men Over a Census

(God punishes David for ordering a census of his people.) Yahweh spoke to Gad, David's seer, saying, Go and speak to David, saying, Thus says Yahweh, I offer you three things: choose you one of them, that I may do it to you. So Gad came to David, and said to him, Thus says Yahweh, Take which you will: either three years of famine; or three months to be consumed before your foes, while the sword of your enemies overtakes you; or else three days the sword of Yahweh, even pestilence in the land, and the angel of Yahweh destroying throughout all the borders of Israel. Now therefore consider what answer I shall return to him who sent me. David said to Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall, I pray, into the hand of Yahweh; for very great are his mercies: and let me not fall into the hand of man. So Yahweh sent a pestilence on Israel; and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men. (1 Chronicles 21:9-14 WEB)"
"Murder, Pillage, and Plunder

"Next we headed for the land of Bashan, where King Og and his army attacked us at Edrei. But the LORD told me, 'Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og and his army, giving you his entire land. Treat him just as you treated King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon.' So the LORD our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all. We conquered all sixty of his towns, the entire Argob region in his kingdom of Bashan. These were all fortified cities with high walls and barred gates. We also took many unwalled villages at the same time. We completely destroyed the kingdom of Bashan, just as we had destroyed King Sihon of Heshbon. We destroyed all the people in every town we conquered – men, women, and children alike. But we kept all the livestock for ourselves and took plunder from all the towns."

(Deuteronomy 3:1-7 NLT)"
Murder, Rape, and Pillage at Jabesh-gilead

"So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan."

"The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

"Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes." (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)
the bible supports slavery, and beating/killing painfully of slaves
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."

Exodus 21:20-21

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

So all you christian guys out there, if you can pay that 50 pieces of silver, go rape any girl you want, and according to the bible she has to marry you! Nice huh?

I love Jesus, don't you?

a moogle said:

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

So all you christian guys out there, if you can pay that 50 pieces of silver, go rape any girl you want, and according to the bible she has to marry you! Nice huh?

I love Jesus, don't you?

What a great deal for the girl, huh? :lol:

Zhou Tai 04 said:
if you say "murder" instead of "kill", then executions are still apropriate punishments for extreme crimes (there is a list of crimes that have execution as the listed punishment in Leviticus)

I find it right to assume that this is the longest this thread's ever gone without a post in it.

a moogle said:

I love Jesus, don't you?

Boy, oh boy, I'd forgotten how much of a shit-rag the bible is. This thread has me rolling this morning! LOL
And, to think, millions of people think that this particular version of the immortal super-being is, somehow, "all loving"! LOL :loco:

The way I see it, it seems like there's a new God every few thousand years. Apparently, Jesus' father is to God what Richard Nixon was to the President of the United States.