Why do metalheads care about genres so much?

I've been wanting to buy a hammer necklace or earings or something for a while now. It'd be more Romantic if someone bought them for me though don't you think?

I'm going to have one side say "Child of Mother Nature" and I've yet to decide what I wish the other side to say.

EDIT: So what if you are considered a heretic, unless you yourself are very Christian or at all don't worry about what others think.

I was baptised and confirmed as a Christian, but it does not stop me from exploring my true spirit path.

Simple rituals like that do not bind you to their religion.

I am on the same thinking path as you, I am christian with agnostic beliefs. I don't think about religion too much and I don't let it interfere with my life.

it has nothing to do with Vikings. Im German, my ancestors worshipped the "norse" gods. Its sort of a calling to learn about and have strong feelings towards their beliefs, almost natural.

Do I believe in the Norse myths? As in the Norse creation, warriors going to Valhalla, and the Ragnarok?

I don't know.

However, if you are asking if I feel a connection to the nature and the Gods my ancestors worshiped then yes, maybe not in the truest form but yes. I choose to represent my spirit with the symbols of the Norse, as I have Scandinavian ancestors, even if the gods I feel connected with are not those that go by the names Thor, Odin, Frigg, etc. The names do not matter to me, it is the spirits/gods themselves that matter and how I idenitify with them.