Why do metalheads care about genres so much?

Krigloch the Furry-ass said:
it has nothing to do with Vikings. Im German, my ancestors worshipped the "norse" gods. Its sort of a calling to learn about and have strong feelings towards their beliefs, almost natural.

Being half German and half Welsh, I identify with Norse myths, but realize those are nothing more than the myths of another culture introduced to my ancestors. I respect druidic mythology slightly more, but that is still not indicative of my root culture. I guess if I was to embrace any mythology, it would be some form of ancient Germanic totemism.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Being half German and half Welsh, I identify with Norse myths, but realize those are nothing more than the myths of another culture introduced to my ancestors. I respect druidic mythology slightly more, but that is still not indicative of my root culture. I guess if I was to embrace any mythology, it would be some form of ancient Germanic totemism.

So you're great at marching your way to have sex with sheep?

Erik said:
Mjölnir is a religious symbol and it is not for you

Wear a cross instead you nitwit

gaysex.gif

Erik said:
Mjölnir is a religious symbol and it is not for you

Wear a cross instead you nitwit

Don't tell me what I can and can't wear. I am christian and listen to black metal, isn't that pretty much a slap in the face to my religion? So why would it matter if I wore Mjolnir? And I've already stated I am christian with agnostic beliefs.

becuase there so many types of metal that they need to be classified differnetly... retard

:puke: :puke: becuase there so many types of metal that they need to be classified differnetly... retard

Krigloch the Furry-ass said:
@ undying because some of us like to wear it proudly, because of what it means

To tell you the truth, norse myths are very interesting. But I think it's all bull. I said earlier in the thread anyway that I woulnd't buy a Mjolnir, I just thought the Mjolnir in Ex-Cally-Boo's avatar looked good.

Erik said:
how about you grow a sense of self worth and start standing up for your beliefs instead of being spineless & completely without identity and independent thought, how's that sound

Oh but good man Erik that will take effort and I don't like effort.

Erik said:
how about you grow a sense of self worth and start standing up for your beliefs instead of being spineless & completely without identity and independent thought, how's that sound

I don't know what to believe anymore, you act as if I am an orthodox christian and go to church everyday. I think I've been in a church maybe about 6-7 times in my whole life.

Well take the time out of your life to research and explore and come up with an identity.