Why is Hellhammer (the drummer) held in such high esteem?

thrashmetal78 said:
I highly doubt that Euronymous came at Varg with a knife IN HIS FUCKING UNDERWEAR. Also, Euronymous didn't want to let Varg into his apartment, but Varg convinced him to.

To quote Ihsahn..."First Varg was far left...then he went far right...now he's gone so far right he's done a circle and has come back to the left again."

In short, Varg has/is constantly trying to emulate something else than him...he can't be himself because of his own insecurities.

Still, I question the utility of placing him in the context of political extremes of 'left' or 'right'. Varg is so far removed from this world that I doubt he knows which is which. But that's why his story is so interesting - he is like a child before it has learnt the norms of society, yet he maintains a strong set of values (unlike most politicians).

I heard another story that Euronymous went to see a fortune-teller who told him that Varg would be in jail for murder, so Euronymous figured out it would be him and plotted to do him in first. :lol:

thrashmetal78 said:
I highly doubt that Euronymous came at Varg with a knife IN HIS FUCKING UNDERWEAR. Also, Euronymous didn't want to let Varg into his apartment, but Varg convinced him to.

Varg visited Euro because of some record company-related talk or something like that. I don't know how Euronymous was dressed that evening.

Dick Rott said:
Umm.......to the guy who hasn't heard Burzum yet.....

Either:
A. You are only 12yrs old and stupid, or......
B. You are over 12yrs old and stupid......

Either way you need to get off your dumb ass and get his albums. That is the only way you will save face here (yes I will rip it off).

"What albums should I get so I'm no longer a moron," you ask?

Hyvis lyset tar os
Det som Engang Var
Aske
Filosophem

Yes in that order. Now get out of here before I kick your ass.
It's just as well that he doesn't listen to it. We don't need idiots listening. Let him have his pop.

Oh these crazy black metal musicians and their murder. Why can't the just have large amounts of unprotected sex while snorting coke lines like everyone else?

Charubic Murder said:
It's just as well that he doesn't listen to it. We don't need idiots listening. Let him have his pop.
I'd rather you take a big pole up your ass and die.
Is Graveworm pop? Borknagar pop? Emperor pop?
well hell, that would be like some freaky shit like melodic death pop then.

yeah, Ihaven't heard Burzum yet & my comp is crappy so d/ls take awhile so I don't d/l any Burzum. It wuz just my opinion that 1-man metal bands dont sound good. I prolly will d/l it sometime but that doesnt mean im gonna like it

Yes, Borknagar and Emperor (in my book) classifies as pop. Can't really tell about Graveworm as I haven't heard enough from them, wouldn't surprise me, though. Don't you go to school?

Borknagar and Emperor are POP?!

By the way, Hellhammer's good, but I like Richard Christy, Sean Reinert, Flo Mounier, John Tempesta, Gene Hoglan, and Raymond Herrera better.

In fact, as much as the black metal elitists will bitch and moan at this, I think Raymond Herrera is the best metal drummer ever.

you'd think any band I threw out there was pop jsut 2 be an asshole sorath. If emperor = pop in ur opinion, then ur just another gay elitist out to prove everyone wrong. jeez and I thought those lil kids screaming 'Slipknot ooooh 666 muther fucker!!!" were annoying...

I like early Emperor, I've only got Anthems and the split with enslaved, but Anthems is a bit to the 'poppy' side if you ask me. In the Nightside Eclipse is better and later Emperor if quite crappy.

Plus, I didn't say Graveworm is pop.

I think being calles an asshole by you should be regarded as mor of a compliment than an insult.

Who taught you to spell, by the way? If you are going to write something I probably will read, please do so in a manner I can understand.

Sorath said:
Yes, Borknagar and Emperor (in my book) classifies as pop. Can't really tell about Graveworm as I haven't heard enough from them, wouldn't surprise me, though. Don't you go to school?

Nice one :rolleyes:

*Updates sig*

Early Borknagar is good also, but my guess is that NocturnalSun doesn't listen to old music, why should old music be any good? It probably sounds like the Beatles.

NocturnalSun said:
I'd rather you take a big pole up your ass and die.
Is Graveworm pop? Borknagar pop? Emperor pop?
well hell, that would be like some freaky shit like melodic death pop then.
I never said those bands were pop. I enjoy older Borknagar and all of Emperor's material. Now, Graveworm, new Dimmu and Arch Enemy are pop. Plain and simple.

Charubic Murder and Sorath.... man you surely are some TR00 TEENAGE BLACK METALLERS

as for the thread:

Trym > all other black metal drummers

haha very funny since the albums I was referring to of Borknagar/Emperor/Graveworm WERE the old ones. Borknagar's self-titled album and Archaic Course are my favorites of theirs. Emperor's Self-titled, In The Nightside Eclipse, and Wrath of The Tyrant are the ones I was referring to also. Graveworm, I was talking about Scourge of Malice, Engraved in Black, and when Daylight's Gone. Yes, the Graveworm ones aren't that old, but very good.

See? I DO know old. I never once said old was bad.

ffanatic - LOL ^_^ hahahaaaa u the best, man

NocturnalSun said:
haha very funny since the albums I was referring to of Borknagar/Emperor/Graveworm WERE the old ones. Borknagar's self-titled album and Archaic Course are my favorites of theirs. Emperor's Self-titled, In The Nightside Eclipse, and Wrath of The Tyrant are the ones I was referring to also. Graveworm, I was talking about Scourge of Malice, Engraved in Black, and when Daylight's Gone. Yes, the Graveworm ones aren't that old, but very good.

See? I DO know old. I never once said old was bad.

ffanatic - LOL ^_^ hahahaaaa u the best, man

I try :)

I would definately listen to some Burzum if I were though. I'm not a fan of them, but you may like them. Don't be too quick to judge or right something off. You could be missing out big time.

Emperor Magus Caligula said:
Charubic Murder and Sorath.... man you surely are some TR00 TEENAGE BLACK METALLERS

as for the thread:

Trym > all other black metal drummers
Meh, not really, but after the comment about Burzum that he made, I'd expect any black metal fan to flame.