Why obese men should never lose weight

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
I've learned the hard way. I used to weigh 288lb's(over 130kg). My weight consisted mainly of excess fat which was distributed fairly evenly around my body. I let my weight drop, due to a stress fracture I suffered and major indigestion problems. I now weigh 255lb's(117kg) and my body does look much thinner, except for my chest and abdomen. I recenly discovered that it's very hard to lose fat from those 2 parts of the body and it is unlikely that the fat around the breastbone will go without surgery. So because of weight loss I have ended up with man boobs and a belly which looks like i'm pregnant. I am now trying hard to put weight on, so that the rest of my body looks in proportion.

Do you have any advice for me? Discuss.

LedByTheReaper said:
and binge eat.

I have to be very careful because as well as being the last place to lose fat, it's also the first place to put fat on, so I will have even bigger looking man boobs before the fat gets distributed. I'll end up having to get to 300lb's before I don't have noticable man boobs.

LedByTheReaper said:
Thats so ncie of you.. can you ever be sensitive about anything Gavin?

Yep, all the time.

Profanity is, however, just one of thosethings that would be better off not living.

CliffBurton said:
sit-ups. lots of em

Situps don't burn fat from the stomach, that's a misconception people make. You only lose fat when your body needs energy and the activity isn't too demanding(over 120bpm) so that it will burn muscle.

Profanity said:
You've misunderstood my point.

I want to be big and heavy but without having over proportioned man boobs.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Bench press those man boobs away you limey fool.
There is no benefit to being overweight, and its not healthy either. Which makes you a burden to others, especially when you get older.o_O