Wolfe Amplification Hellfire- Have a quick listen

To bad about the RoHS compliance issue. I know that they had to redo the AxeFX before they could sell it in Europe, so too bad for us...

Seems like a very nice amp. Would love to play one some day. In the US maybe. :)

To bad about the RoHS compliance issue. I know that they had to redo the AxeFX before they could sell it in Europe, so too bad for us...

Seems like a very nice amp. Would love to play one some day. In the US maybe. :)

I kinda looked into the rules a bit, since I;m not a 'big' company I think I'm still allowed to slide through the ROHS bullcrap. It runs off of a percentage of parts in the product that are compliant, and I only have like one or 2 components that don't fit the bill.

So they may be able to head overseas after all.

Got my first 3 serial number 'tags' in today. Wanted to keep a military theme, so I figured this would be a cool idea. Just have to drill another hole on the right side, and rivet it to the back side of the chassis.

cff5cfb7.jpg

Awesome thing with this serial # plate. Will you offer the amps with that military-like colors (i think its called cameo in english, or something) ?

Awesome thing with this serial # plate. Will you offer the amps with that military-like colors (i think its called cameo in english, or something) ?

I was thinking about camo tolex, but the stuff they have available looks like crap.

Camo is done to death anyway IMO, I'd vote going for something more high-tech! (just pick a texture from some piece of military gear or another, I'm sure you'll think of something :D)

Most military gear is olive drab spray paint. That would save me a lot of money lol.

Rhino liner for the headshell is going to be optional, my buddy did it to his bass rig and it's really indestructible, and looks cool too.

I may go silver or white for tolex. Or just leave it up to the buyer since they are going to be made one at a time.

Just got my Hellfire Ver 1.0 official schematics printed out yesterday. Large format printing is awesome. PDF's are probably one of the greatest inventions ever. Now I won't have to squint when building these things.

8ada83f3.jpg

Also, someone wanted to know what the amp looked like when I was breadboarding and testing it? I warned you, it was a mess-

02ab5859.jpg

Yet somehow even in that form, it was still quiet!

looks really messy!:headbang:
thx for the pic.

cheers
S.

It was, but on the other hand it's very easy to experiment in that form. takes 2 seconds to flip out a component, turn it back on, and hear the difference.

The worst part was disassembling all that after it's working 100% the way you want it too :cry:

That looks sooooo unsafe. :lol:
Still looking forward to hearing how it sounds in the end. :)