Wolfe Amplification Hellfire- Have a quick listen

That looks sooooo unsafe. :lol:
Still looking forward to hearing how it sounds in the end. :)

True, I got hit with 500v a few times when I was checking things with my scope and meter. It always happens when you are least expecting it. The tube sockets are what always get me, since they have lots of exposed leads.

sweet. awesome insite on how a builder tests his design. I was thinking even on a turret board it would be a pain in the ass to make so many changes.

sweet. awesome insite on how a builder tests his design. I was thinking even on a turret board it would be a pain in the ass to make so many changes.

Yeah I don't see it being extremely easy on a turret board, unless you already have a decent design and just want to change a few things around. I had no choice but to do it the way I did, since I was starting from complete scratch on everything. Worked out well, and was amazingly super quiet in the hum department. I'd get some crosstalk/motor-boating/oscillations only at very high MV levels, which will be non existent when I get rid of all those long ass leads.

I was actually impressed that the cheap Radio Shack breadboards held up under high currents/voltages. Supposedly they can't handle over 120v, but I had no issues.

Preliminary layout is done, just need to drill the board and mount the turrets.

layout.jpg

Was populating the board with turrets, and realized I forgot to order more. So this is where I'm stuck until next week. Also, my chassis is on back order for 3 weeks. So I'm at a bit of a stand still until then.

ca57587b.jpg

Personally, it makes more sense for me to have the depth come before the presence. Would also be cool to see a frequency range on the midrange freq. Also, any reason why you went with "low end" and "high end" rather than just "bass" and "treble" or something?

Personally, it makes more sense for me to have the depth come before the presence.

It has to do with internal wiring. I could move it, but then I'd have to change some things inside.

Would also be cool to see a frequency range on the midrange freq.

I thought about it, but I've always been a fan of 'use your ears, not your eyes'. And depending on what you have the 3 tone controls set at, it will affect the shift frequency any way. So a set scale would kinda be 'lying'.
Also, any reason why you went with "low end" and "high end" rather than just "bass" and "treble" or something?

Just trying to be different :) And I wanted to word things how it would be on military equipment. They always get specific on things like that.

Totally understandable on all points! Loving those knobs, as well, really easy to see where shit is set! :lol:

Yeah I love those knobs too. They were the only knob out there that hasn't already been used to death on an amp. In fact, I've never seen them before.

They are big though, they take up a lot of surface area.