WOODS Touring in 2009: Unleashed in the East this May!!!

To stir some interest about this, I'll have you know that we have been in talks with a promoter in Australia since last fall who wanted to bring the WoY down under in 2009...Now that I'm reminded of it, I believe she owes me an e-mail. :) Better follow up!

btw Chris - I just recently watched "Australia", "Gallipoli", "Rabbit Proof Fence" and "Crocodile Dundee". :kickass:

You are the fucking man.
You have at least two people attending, guaranteed :p

Woo Australian Open! How I wish I was there right now.

Hey DG, are you guys planning on doing Ontario? I'm assuming you are and already know what you're doing, so don't have to make threads on it. But let me know, cause if you are, and AREN'T planning on coming to London, I'll have to send out some e-mails :p And if you are, then I'll make sure to let people know :)

Hey DG, are you guys planning on doing Ontario? I'm assuming you are and already know what you're doing, so don't have to make threads on it. But let me know, cause if you are, and AREN'T planning on coming to London, I'll have to send out some e-mails And if you are, then I'll make sure to let people know

Hey Dauden, we weren't planning to go to London yet. I'm not really sold on what I know about the scene there these days. Last time I played a show at the Embassy, the promoter gave us $20 as payment for the whole band. However, if there's a promoter who will meet our guarantee, we'll certainly book a show and bring the Woods to shitty downtown London, Ontario (/Speed City Records)!!!

Do yer worst! :heh::kickass:

Thanks man,

DG - \w/

I realize it's too early to tell, but are you planning any shows in Northern Ontario around early July time frame? I'm planning a trip to visit Mom this summer and wouldn't mind catching a Woods show while I'm at it. I'd go to the Sault, Sudbury (preferably) or anywhere east of the Sault. Elliot Lake would be hilarious for you to play but that's not gonna happen haha.

Hey Dauden, we weren't planning to go to London yet. I'm not really sold on what I know about the scene there these days. Last time I played a show at the Embassy, the promoter gave us $20 as payment for the whole band. However, if there's a promoter who will meet our guarantee, we'll certainly book a show and bring the Woods to shitty downtown London, Ontario (/Speed City Records)!!!

Do yer worst! :heh::kickass:

Thanks man,

DG - w/

What in the hell?! Guuuh. I was at that show, its Brodie, I was wearing the WoY shirt, with the curly hair, talked to you for a while (go to Western for music blah blah). And yeah, the scene here isn't the greatest thing ever, but I do have a lot of friends into metal, and we have gotten a lot of people out to bigger shows for like Behemoth and SYL, so the people are out there. Let me look into some places.

Edit: Contacted Inertia, going to look into some other stuff too

I wish I knew who the promoters were around here, I know somebody brought in Thine Eyes Bleed last year and the show was packed.

its Brodie

Oh yeah man, I know exactly who you are! I'd love to play in London, but only if we can 'book' a show with a promoter who'd be interested in putting at least a little work into actually promoting the show and getting people to come out. + We won't play for free (some promoters seem to have trouble understanding this). Otherwise the diehard Londoners will have to travel to Windsor or Hamilton, or Toronto.

Oh yeah man, I know exactly who you are! I'd love to play in London, but only if we can 'book' a show with a promoter who'd be interested in putting at least a little work into actually promoting the show and getting people to come out. + We won't play for free (some promoters seem to have trouble understanding this). Otherwise the diehard Londoners will have to travel to Windsor or Hamilton, or Toronto.

Yeah man, its a pain in the ass travelling and stuff, totally understand. And seeing as the shows will be once I'm done school, I'd probably be willing to make a trip out of it, if I could find a buddy interested (which I probably could). But I'm gonna keep at er!

DG, update: What about Guelph? My buddy Sam lives there (also a huge metal head, and WoY fan), and says that the Vinyl (Darkest Hour are playing there in Feb), Jimmy Jazz, or Shadow might be interested, and that he would totally be down with you guys staying at his place, and I of course would bus it down to Guelph to see the show, and chill with you guys and all that good stuff. Definite possibility there, and I could look into e-mailing some venues if you weren't thinking about it. Let me know!

FYI - Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, London and Windsor are all in the works, leading up to the Hamilton and Toronto shows and then it's off to the North East afterwards. We'll see who comes through. :kickass:

Holy shiiiit! Let me know the London info as soon as you find out (if it works out) and I'll get telling everyone I know, and promoting the hell out of it. I'll probably go to the London and the Guelph show, if you need a place to crash in Guelph :kickass: :headbang: