..woot

all_sins_undone

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
so even though i can safely say opeth is my favorite band hands down, i haven't listened to an opeth album in months. just a minute ago i put on still life, and it's like the first time i've heard it in a while. i can feel myself getting back into the opeth binge like a couple years ago, where it would dominate my playlist, and it did this for months. i don't know if its the pot or what-have-you, but i have just rekindled some pretty awesome memories.

/fanboy

does anyone else have opeth "binges"?

so even though i can safely say opeth is my favorite band hands down, i haven't listened to an opeth album in months. just a minute ago i put on still life, and it's like the first time i've heard it in a while. i can feel myself getting back into the opeth binge like a couple years ago, where it would dominate my playlist, and it did this for months. i don't know if its the pot or what-have-you, but i have just rekindled some pretty awesome memories.

/fanboy

Yeh I like doin this, still life is usually the album aswell. I prefer having a decent listen of each album every now and then instead binging tho, hehe

I know what you mean - I had that about a year ago, though it has been a long while since I've last heard 'em. I know though that there is no need to force it, as sooner or later Opeth will find it's way into my system and will stay there for a good while.

Deliverance, Blackwater Park, Still Life, Damnation and My Arms, Your Hearse have all had the same treatment, multiple times. I've never been a huge fan of Morningrise, but To Bid You Farewell has been one of my favourite Opeth songs for ages, and the first one I learnt to play on guitar. My favourite band without a doubt.

/fanboy

....and with the announcement of the new album, i can fell the binge starting now and lasting at least until September.

....and with the announcement of the new album, i can fell the binge starting now and lasting at least until September.

agreed. with all this news of the new album being posted i too have fallen back into a steady listen of opeth. ive been stuck on blackwater park this whole week and i have been craving deliverance alot as well.

I binged on Opeth for a good year or 2.. Now i tend to dip into them every so often..

Opeth's Lamentations DVD is definitely a great one to watch when immensely high. In fact, Opeth are a great band to listen to when high.

I had never really thought about this before, but I listen very little to Opeth. Strange, when considering they still are my favourite band, evidenced by the fact I still get extremely excited about the tiniest piece of new information that is posted on the forum :)

I had never really thought about this before, but I listen very little to Opeth. Strange, when considering they still are my favourite band, evidenced by the fact I still get extremely excited about the tiniest piece of new information that is posted on the forum :)
. Same here. I can't really say I played them out but sometimes I need to give them a rest. But once you go back, It is that much more rewarding.