words only mike knows

Hedon-

vic firth 2b
Apr 24, 2008
lets make a list of words u can only hear at opeth songs
ill start
wreath:kickass:

.........youve never heard of a wreath? its those things people put on their doors at christmas

ill look up some cause he does have an extensive vocabulary

i know what wreath means its just not a word u stumble upon too often

^you don't know what's a lamentations ? :S It's a song filled with grief, sorrow, a kind of mourning...

Benighted is a an english word, and hessian is an expression used long before Åkerfeldt wrote the song on Watershed ...

Perhaps you should at least try and google the words before you post them as "Åkerfeldt-made" ...

I think the OP means words that aren't commonly used by English speakers, but are used by Mikael, who is a native Swede.

But so far I think 'Moonlapse' is the only Mikael made word lol.

This isn't really a shit thread. There's so many words that are strange in Opeth catalogy. Perplexion :)

Benighted is a an english word, and hessian is an expression used long before Åkerfeldt wrote the song on Watershed ...

Perhaps you should at least try and google the words before you post them as "Åkerfeldt-made" ...

Before getting all high and mighty, understand that the thread is not about words Mike invented, but about words that you don't usually meet in everyday life. Hence why I mentioned "Hessian".

Sorry if that came off harsher than intended.