words only mike knows

Yes but it's composition of words. Anyone can make like that. Sure it's not a word itself, it's actually Two words! They just have been put together to look nicier and more artistic I guess.

pretty much like "windowpane"

Once again a thread crops up that has some actual merit, and we get people calling it shit.

In reply to the question about "moor", it has two meanings - a moor can indeed be a type of landscape (wikipedia is your friend if you want to know more), but in the context of Still Life we are talking about a Moor - you know, the Moors who held large parts of Spain in the Middle Ages before the reconquista.

^ Are you sure of that? I was pretty sure it meant the landscape kind of moor. Then again, I haven't read the lyrics in so much detail.

Yes. Try to explain when you say something. Refering to the story told by Still Life, the outcast had left his town (possibly nicknamed "The Moor"), and wants to come back into this dangerous territory (reference to The Moor, I guess) to see his love again and flee with her.

My sister and I were just having a conversation about this actually. She's getting into songwriting, and just starting to write lyrics for her music. She was explaining to me how her music teacher was trying to broaden her mind, to say things like "My heart is bleeding" rather than simply "I'm heartbroken".

I showed her some Opeth lyrics, since it seems like Mikael usually finds really complex, yet poetic and beautiful ways to phrase things. The vocabulary is definitely part of what makes opeth so amazing.

And to all you "Shit Thread" assholes... why are you here? The rest of us are having a good time, GTFO

They usually have nothing to say except shit this and shit that. Along with "idiot", "moron", "stupid", and all the other names.