Work Choices: Another example of why it's fucked

I like the part where she says they can't take your holidays away unless you agree to it.

"You can have this job, but you have to work on the public holidays."

"But I like public holidays!"

"Oh well. You there, migrant worker! You don't celebrate Christmas anyway! Wanna job? Maybe I'll just go to ACA and complain about how I have lots of jobs but no-one wants them. Oh, and by the way, since you knocked back this job you're not counted as unemployed anymore."

Yes, it's easy to say that an employer can't change your conditions unless you agree. What is harder to say is that if you don't agree, you can then be fired for any reason the employer can dream up, and you don't have a leg to stand on. Sure, you can go the Ombudsman and complain, but by the time any litigation takes place, you've lost your house and your wife's left you because you can't get another job. Basically, if you work for a small business with under 100 staff, you either do what the boss says, or he can sack you. I'll admit there were problems with the unfair dismissal laws before, but this has just made things worse.

gorey,
if the ombudsman had so much power, I'd expect there's be a huge list of dodgey employers being laid out in the media to prove just how effective Work Choices are at protecting the Average Joe.

The fact that there isn't a list being laid out means that every single action by employers that we've seen to date, including the Mean Fiddler, and Cowra Abbatoir are entirely legal and above board.

fucking scary if with everything that has been going on, no-one has crossed the line yet.

Dän;6401927 said:
Fuck then; by all means fill me in on Labor's policies all wise one, and tell me how they are better than Howards and how they can continue to see this country grow and expand.

When you realise that using Labor and economic policy in the same sentence is an oxymoron, you will agree with me that Rudds support is based on his appearance and apparent wit and charm. The party hasnt changed since beazly left, only it appears to have changed. All hail the new incompetence!

oooh look! He's doing it again, he is.

gorey,
if the ombudsman had so much power, I'd expect there's be a huge list of dodgey employers being laid out in the media to prove just how effective Work Choices are at protecting the Average Joe.

The fact that there isn't a list being laid out means that every single action by employers that we've seen to date, including the Mean Fiddler, and Cowra Abbatoir are entirely legal and above board.

fucking scary if with everything that has been going on, no-one has crossed the line yet.

The Ombudsman is a paper tiger, much like the ACCC and all those supposedly "independent" bodies that investigate fraud, corruption and government incompetence. There's so many restrictions on what they can actually investigate and prosecute that they can't actually do anything. Howard can throw all the bureaucrats he likes at the mess that is WorkChoices but it's not going to fix it. For such a canny leader he certainly blew it with that policy. He must have been nuts to think people would buy this. Of course, it doesn't matter, because the economy is going so well and everything that's bad is the fault of the states.

The Ombudsman is a paper tiger, much like the ACCC and all those supposedly "independent" bodies that investigate fraud, corruption and government incompetence. There's so many restrictions on what they can actually investigate and prosecute that they can't actually do anything. Howard can throw all the bureaucrats he likes at the mess that is WorkChoices but it's not going to fix it. For such a canny leader he certainly blew it with that policy. He must have been nuts to think people would buy this.

just like the old saying , you cant polish a turd

'This message is hidden because chrisvp is on your ignore list.' :kickass:

This message is hidden because chrisvp is on your ignore list. :kickass:

Ok let's talk facts and figures.
According to the ABS:
51% of AWAs have cut overtime pay
61% have cut penalties
64% have cut leave loading
40% have cut rest breaks. Rest breaks!
36% have cut public holiday allowances
46% have cut holiday payments
22% have cut pay rises for the next 5 years
100% -- yes, 100% -- have cut at least 1 award condition.

And that's the law-wah. And employees have to sign them, or they can be fired, because that the law-wah too.

This week's interest rate rise was the highest for more than a decade.

Dän;6402618 said:
'This message is hidden because chrisvp is on your ignore list.' :kickass:

heh heh , wash your lips , after all you are the peanut walking around with a dirty sanchez care of your leader, fuck you and the rest , many here including I wont forget how you put shit on us here , now I fight fire with fire .....what you dont like it ?
fucken too bad

Ok let's talk facts and figures.
According to the ABS:
51% of AWAs have cut overtime pay
61% have cut penalties
64% have cut leave loading
40% have cut rest breaks. Rest breaks!
36% have cut public holiday allowances
46% have cut holiday payments
22% have cut pay rises for the next 5 years
100% -- yes, 100% -- have cut at least 1 award condition.

And that's the law-wah. And employees have to sign them, or they can be fired, because that the law-wah too.

This week's interest rate rise was the highest for more than a decade.
YEAH YEAHAAAAAHHHHHHH ITS THE FUCKEN LAWAHHHHH COMEONAAAAHHHHH SAN FRANCISCOAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

This message is hidden because chrisvp is on your ignore list. :kickass:

Ok, have your wages gone down over the last year and a half? or have they risen?

Everyone knows someones who might be affected, but i have heard of nobody who is directly been negativly affected by the awas.

Dän;6402621 said:
hahahaha. No comeback again :kickass:

This is called pinko syndrome; dont worry, its quite common around here. It occurs when someone flaps their gums then has no substance to what is coming out. :headbang:

Just like you conveniently skipping entire posts if you have no comeback to them. My wages have gone up, but I'm not on an AWA. Maybe you should read that post of mine again, especially the part where it says that 100% of AWAs removes one award condition. That's proof of a negative effect. It might be offset by a 2c payrise, but it's still negative.