Workplace Equality?!?!?

Conspicuously Absent

Linguistically Confused
Mar 27, 2005
Berlin
ok, touchy topic for some, and I have what's considered a very very controversial and offensive viewpoint to some.

This thread is inspired because a buddy of mine got fired for telling a joke to another guy in the backroom and it offended a cashier who happened to be walking past. She claimed it was harassment or some shits even though she KNOWS and ADMITS he couldn't have known she was there.

This brings us to the core of the issue. Women fight so hard for equal rights and to be treated as equals and like "just another dude" when at work. Yet they immediatly turn around and throw this bullshit like "OMFG! You told me a joke! you're a pig! blah blah blah. " (Note: Not all women suck like this, and I know that. )

WTF is this crap. You want to be the same yet special. It's like fucking quebec!!!! OMG, lets leave canada but have you keep giving us money, while we laugh at you silly english pig dogs.

Back to the workplace thing. So what is your opinion.... Should we treat women as women? or do as they claim to want and treat them like men? Feel free to share any opinions or stories that might be of interest.

I agree 100% on this: if women want us to respect them and treat them equally, why should they be allowed to do things that would be considered ridiculous and dispicable if men tried to do the equivalent? I have no particular example to back it up, but your story there is almost shocking. I tell sexist jokes at work all the time, often directly TO women, and they don't complain :loco:

The idea of female equality at it's root means "turning women into men". Essentially it's a part of an occult plot to strip women of their feminine essence and lower them to the communistic idea of "we're all the same except small physiological differences". When women finally wake up and figure out the hefty price they paid for the banal priviledge of doing men's work, it will be too late to do anything about it. This process is also working reverse by the same principle (stay at home dads, etc.), and turns men into women.

Commies. All dirty hippie commie scum.

would you prefer "jewish plot"?

edit

ok haha, sometimes I exaggerate.... and besides, its more fun if you think of it as some great conspiracy theory.

my story: yesterday i was at work and my boss came in. i was kinda standing bent over with my back turned to her and she smacked me on the ass. i dont know if that applies though. you said "share stories".
anyway, in theory, if youre a professional, you shouldnt be telling off-color jokes or jokes of any kind for that matter. yet, what's amusing, is that in the professional world, it's the exact opposite. sexual affairs run wild among physicians and nurses alike. ive received inappropriate advances from men and women alike. blah blah blah.

what i've learned is that *most* people are cool and laid back but there's always *some* prude that can't deal with it. you have to respect that though, because in the end, work is supposed to be a place just for that - work - and nothing else. unless you want to work in a factory-atmosphere for the rest of your life. my dad works in a factory where they pipe in fucking country music. country.

Family Guy said:
Peter Griffin: Okay, okay, wait, here's another one. Why do women have boobs? So you got something to look at while you're talking to them.
[everybody laughs]
Man: Good one Peter.
Man 2: That's what they're for all right.
Lady: Are you telling jokes? I love jokes.
Peter Griffin: All right, then you'll love this one, okay. Why do women have boobs?
[she stares at him angrily]
Peter Griffin: So you got something to look at while you're talking to them
[she's shocked, then Peter laughs]
Peter Griffin: So you got something you look at while you're talking to them
[laughs]
Peter Griffin: So you got - Y-you want to see me, Mr. Weed?

Anyone else think of this while reading the thread?

i've found it sorta silly to open one's mouth about anything other than work while at work, so i try not to.

Don't have to worry about such gaytastic shit when you drive forklifts and listen to Iron Maiden all day

at my work we're all friends and all talk to each other a lot, but not really too close and the women all have feuds and secret hate between eachother 'cause that's how women seem to work [/narrowmindedness]

E-bortion said:
lolz, brothel.
hahaha

as for "workplace equality", i can't be assed to give it much thought, honestly. that's shitty what happened, but like dorian said, you have to be aware that some people are just shitty.

edit: actually i can be assed to give it thought...equal work ---> equal pay ---> equal treatment. but again, people are easily offended and "equal treatment" doesn't mean "license to tell chauvinistic jokes at work" :Smug:

and now that i think about it most, not some, people are shitty :yell:

as much as a chauvinistic joke (which by the way would never be considered chauvinistic if it was a woman making such a joke about men, 'cause we all know that never happens :loco: ) may offend someone or hurt their feelings, in what way is it grounds for dismissal unless specificly targetted at an employee or employees of said workplace?

i may just be reiterating what's already been said and thought by men all over the continent, but women get way too worked up about this shit. and, lest we forget, chauvinism is not a term specifically tied to male superiority over women, yet i have never, ever seen women's countless jabs at men referred to in this manner.

damn, this shit is making me look like some kind of woman-hater.