Workplace Equality?!?!?

cthulufhtagn said:
i consider myself a feminist in that women and men deserve equal treatment and deserve to be held to the same standard in all regards.

It may be nitpicking but if you really want equality, I would suggest not defining yourself as a feminist. Feminism does not support equality of genders but promotes a system for bettering the female situation only. This has lead to many poor consequences for males. One notable example is that males in US schools are much more likely to be given Prozac than help when compared to females.

This is straight from my Gender Studies class, by the way.

Thanatopsis123 said:
It may be nitpicking but if you really want equality, I would suggest not defining yourself as a feminist. Feminism does not support equality of genders but promotes a system for bettering the female situation only. This has lead to many poor consequences for males. One notable example is that males in US schools are much more likely to be given Prozac than help when compared to females.

This is straight from my Gender Studies class, by the way.
k, i'm for feminine equality....but im too drunk to continue this discussion. time to go stir up some shit