Worst band names

"Infestation of Ass"

or pretty much 90% of the band in the "grindcore" section of MP3.com....since there's about 20 grindcore bands and aboujt 500 home recorded projects of someone screaming with no lyrics, playing a banjo and turning the tempo of a 16th beat on a drum machine as fast as it will go....oh and slapping a ridiculously long title on it that has NOTHING to do with the lyrics (if there are any)

apparently grindcore means "anything fast, crappy and pretentious...recorded badly" on MP3.com

also Anal Cunt, even though I like them...it does sort of suit their whole "thing" though.

Originally posted by BasilisK 3 7 77
Custard.

Actual metal band name... We're really starting to run out of band names... Winds... Alas... I think I heard once of a band simply called "Thy"...

If you have heard Winds' music I dare you to come up with a more suitable name for them. The name is perfect for the band and the music, if you give it the time of day, which you probably didn't judging from your comment.

Yes, I think after reading all this it's pretty safe to say that the band makes or breaks the name, or that this is in the eye of the beholder. I mean take a name like Megadeth, it's a pretty stupid name really, but I'm sure fans of Megadeth think it's the coolest name on the planet. I've had countless discussions on different band names, Slayer for instance, which is a pretty stupid name too, but you never end up agreeing on this. In the end there are a lot of bad names out there, but it's not necessarily all in the name, but who has the name and what they do with it.

"Disemboweled Testes". C'mon. Could we be any more ridiculous? How do you disembowel Testes?

"Corpsevomit". Cant say I've heard the music, but....it cant be too much of a surprise as to what style they play.

"Death Kids". I dunno whats worse-the band, or the name.

"To/Die/For". Get rid of the damn slashes, guys.

"4 In Tha Chamber". I hate ebonics spelling.

"Pig Destroyer". Ok, you can be more original than that. I hear theyre a pretty good band, but damn, is that name ever gay.

I thought Dimmu Borguir translated to dark castle??...It's funny...half the bands mentioned hear i fuck'n love,like Anal Cunt,Alabama Thunderpussy,Cradle Of Filth,Pig Destroyer,Cattle Decapitation etc. and i think are great names.
Hoobastank would definetly be one of the gayest names...and an Australian band named Segression...i never did like that name...the funny thing is...they used to be called Eezee...which is worse?

Originally posted by Dionysos
I find very dump the ARMORED SAINT as a band name.
Btw I remember that when I heard the name: BURZUM for the first time I laughted very much!! heheh Now I think it's a cool band name.

Burzum means darkness in the language of Mordor... I think it´s one of the coolest BM-names ever...

By the way "My moo-cow is in Pakistan" is a silly bands name.. The same goes for "JEEL" = Jeg er en lampe = I am a lamp, and "Røvsved" which means "Ass Sweat"... All three are danish...