Worst name for metal band

Originally posted by Electric Savage
MESHUGGAH!! The band is cool, but that name sounds like a rap artist!

That's cos' it's not English....
Here's a couple names of bands that are were on the lighter side...
Electric Love Hogs, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave,
King's X, White Tiger, White Sister, White Lion, Steel Heart ...
Tyketto(what the f*#k is a Tyketto?!), W.A.S.P..(how creative)...
Even Black Label Society is a lame name(you see the cool aren't exempt from bad band names).
I know there's thousands more...:loco:

Sleeze Beez is pretty bad :lol: Cats In Boots is a dodgy name too but awesome band. As they said on Metal Sludge, sounds like a broadway musical not the name of a metal band haha!

I ALWAYS THOUGHT PRETTY BOY FLOYD WAS A BAD NAME FOR A HAIR BAND SINCE PRETTY BOY FLOYD WAS A BAD ASS MOB/GANGSTER AND PRETTY BOY FLOYD SANG SONGS ABOUT HOW I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND HOW I SEEN YOU WALKING OUT OF CLASS THE OTHER DAY AT SCHOOL AND I SAW YOU

Originally posted by DEVIANCE
I ALWAYS THOUGHT PRETTY BOY FLOYD WAS A BAD NAME FOR A HAIR BAND SINCE PRETTY BOY FLOYD WAS A BAD ASS MOB/GANGSTER AND PRETTY BOY FLOYD SANG SONGS ABOUT HOW I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND HOW I SEEN YOU WALKING OUT OF CLASS THE OTHER DAY AT SCHOOL AND I SAW YOU

Yeah they look more like Twisted Sister than a bad ass mobster....

I like the name Pretty Boy Floyd. It has the bad attitude thing coz of the mobster reference, but also just sums them up as over the top pretty boys.

On one of the vinyl pressings of W.A.S.P.'s first album it says "We Are Sexual Perverts" on the inside track. I don't think W.A.S.P. stands for anything, Blackie has said its just open for interpretation and different people have come up with different meanings, but We Are Sexual Perverts and White Anglo Saxon Protestants are the most common.

Originally posted by The Trooper
I like the name Pretty Boy Floyd. It has the bad attitude thing coz of the mobster reference, but also just sums them up as over the top pretty boys.

On one of the vinyl pressings of W.A.S.P.'s first album it says "We Are Sexual Perverts" on the inside track. I don't think W.A.S.P. stands for anything, Blackie has said its just open for interpretation and different people have come up with different meanings, but We Are Sexual Perverts and White Anglo Saxon Protestants are the most common.

Some people also said WASP= We Are Satanic People. Awful names? The Juju Hounds, Electric Love Hogs, Anal Cunt, Old Lady Drivers, etc

Metallica (Look at me! I'm pretending to be a metalhead! Sounds like a 13-year old thought it up. No offense to any 13-year olds here...)
Satan (Oooh, look at me! I'm the devil! If the real Satan decides to do a solo album, they'll have a legal dispute.)
Death (Sounds like they're trying to be scary, but really aren't.)
Cannibal Corpse (Grossness should be more creative. Cannibal Corndog, or something like that.)
Cradle of Filth (Sounds like a diaper overflowed.)

It's great when bands have acronymous names and don't let on what they mean. Is it "What A Splendid Performance", or is it "We Are Sexual Perverts"? Is it "Keep It Simple, Stupid" or is it "Knights In Satan's Service"? Is it "God, What A Racket", or is it simply the noise that a consumer makes when he gets their CD home and realises it's nowhere near as good without the giant plastic willies to laugh at?