Xena has freaked out

KoichCPA said:
I didn't realize you were so against it.

I'm sure you could have put more of these annoying language travesties into your post Koich, or is this you being subtle?

The problem with spelling things the way one pronounces them has the problem that it doesn't cross accent divides.

That was a big problem when I moved from Victoria to Adelaide when I was 6.

In Victoria, they say "plant" and "castle", while in Adelaide they say "plant" and "castle". Then we moved to the ACT, and they say "plant" like they do in Victoria, and "castle" like they do in South Oz.

Nah, Shannow's right. Victorians say castle, and crow-eaters say castle. Except for me, for some reason I say it the crow-eater way. Same as mall and mall.

Yeah, and when people pronounce "big" "big" instead of "big". I prefer the Tasmanian way - they say "big", like I do.

People should all go around pontificating in Shakespearean style monologues. I try my best, but yea, it doth confuse the shit out of everyone.

I pronounce everything the standard BBC English way, except for words like "temporarily" which I pronounce the way Americans do. There's a syllable there, use it!

Some rules:

* "schedule" has a soft c sound after the s. I pummel anyone I hear referring to it as a "skedule"

* "harass" is pronounced the same way as a particular bass player's surname

* "lieutenant" is "left-tenant"

So there :p.

W