Xtian Death Metal?????????

usualy when i hear "christian metal" i automatically assume its gonna be crap (and im a christian) but ive heard some of extol's stuff from undeceived and its actually pretty good.
imo as long as the metal comes before the message and it sounds good i dont care about what the members beleive.

usualy when i hear "christian metal" i automatically assume its gonna be crap (and im a christian) but ive heard some of extol's stuff from undeceived and its actually pretty good.

Yeah, and to an extent that has been backed up by many sub-standard releases. But even from the late 80's there has been some bands that are/were truly putting out quality stuff. In the early 90's there was a lot of quality coming out of the underground, and many of those bands never made it out of the underground. Drop Dead, Consecrator and Mortal Enemy were a few.

Let's not forget all the try-too-hard Satanic bands too. It's all a matter of perspective here. I just hate seeing people shit on Christian metal even though it can be very, very good. I'm not pro-Christian, really. I'm just against intolerance due to aesthetics.

How about Muslim metal. Now, THAT would be interesting to hear, especially if they added folkish elements. I actually think I heard about a Muslim metal band, hailing from some French speaking Muslim country (Senegal maybe?), I believe.

speaking of muslim stuff anybodoy know any good extreme metal bands from the middle east??

Aside from the hundreds of Israeli bands (although located in the Middle East, Israel doesn't count as the Middle East):

Odious (Egypt)
Kaoteon (Lebanon)
Grieving Age (Saudi Arabia)
Cenotaph (Turkey)
Suicide (Turkey

This seems like a good point to ask (I've asked before, but I'll ask again since I got no anwser): anyone know of any metal bands from sub-Saharan Africa, excluding South Africa? I already know Wrust, Crackdust, War-Tog, Metal Orizon and Neblina.

speaking of muslim stuff anybodoy know any good extreme metal bands from the middle east??

Worm (egypt)
Ultramundane (egypt)
Nightchains (Lebanon)
Oath To Vanquish (Lebanon)
20.sv (lebanon)
Kimaera (Lebanon)
Bludgeond (cyprus)
Arkhon (cyprus)
Necrosadist (cyprus)
Bilocate (jordan)
Augury (Jordan)
Tyrant Throne (jordan)
Phex (jordan)
Absentation (syria)
Mausoleum (UAE)
Abhorred (UAE)
Taarma (Afganistan)
Ahoora (iran)
SDS (Iran)
Ekove Efrits (iran)
Kahtmayan (iran)
Arthimoth (iran)
Deathless Anguish (Saudi Arabia)
Creative Waste (Saudi Arabia)
Wasted Land (saudi arabia)
Smouldering in Forgotten (Bahrain)

Becoming The Archetype are metalcore/deathcore actually. And I am an absolute atheist, for the record. I just hate people who think that music must suck because it is coming from the mind of someone who disagrees with them.

Black Sabbath's lyrics reflect one of exploration and curiosity, more akin to one asking questions than proposing answers, but there are both traces of optimism and skepticism in their (or mainly Geezer's) lyrics concerning religion. Many, if not all, of the members, however, are Christian if I'm not mistaken.