Xtian Death Metal?????????

Just when you thought the everyday hassles of religion being shoved down your throat from every angle were bad enough, now comes Xtian death metal. Well, I shouldnt say it as if its new, I guess its been around awhile now but I'm just finding out more about it. I dont set out to "hate" religious people, but the ones that push it, or start a Death Metal band with Xtian overtones are just pathetic attempts to wiggle into the metal world and "save some souls".
This dude my cousin knows is pushing it on him pretty hard. Telling him its better than "satanic and violent" metal. He even talks of how this IS IN FACT their way of reaching "the hapless souls" of the metal world.
You gotta really watch some of these new metal bands coming out, read the lyrics, many of them are Xtian oriented. Poisoning.
Now, if your Xtian and this dont bother you than good, great, wondeful, but I wont support it. Keep your god out of metal. done.

...except that it's fine for, say, Satanists and Odinists to preach their religions in metal ? Strikes me as an almighty double standard. Why do people exhude such hatred for the Christians over, say, Muslems ? Is it because the Christians won't find you and behead you ? TBH, I couldn't give a fuck if a band are Christian or not (i.e. Trouble, among others), and I find the intolerance for christianity just a bit passe and cliched.

(I'm an atheist, btw).

EDIT: added the below.

...actually, I like some Christian perspective in my metal. The lyrical change can be kind of interesting. Of course, "turn the other cheek", or "Hey! Rock (but don't covet my ass)" would be lame and weak, but great trouble tracks like "The Tempter", many Sabbath tracks with their cautionary bent and the doom preoccupation with using Christianity from a sinful or penitent perspective. I think it extremely unlikely that ANY song would convert me.

chuck schulinder had subliminal jew messages in Human.
By subliminal you mean, any words that can be ripped out of their context and warped/ deliberately misinterpreted to the point where they become unrecognizable and then harnessed to spread misinformation that fits a certain clique's mythical agenda?
Looks like you've been lapping up toilet water from someone else's urinal.

By subliminal you mean, any words that can be ripped out of their context and warped/ deliberately misinterpreted to the point where they become unrecognizable and then harnessed to spread misinformation that fits a certain clque's mythical agenda?

lol YES! listen to God of Thunder!

who the fuck cares what the lyrics are about. extol-undecieved is one of my absolute favorite albums. theyre christian, but the music is great, so who cares what the lyrics are about. especially when you cant understand em to begin with!

i hate christians just as much as anyone here, doesnt mean i'll stop listening to good music because of it.

just remember somthing, western music was created by religion. without it, we probably wouldnt have metal. see articles linking "classical" to metal and how religion influenced "classical" music.
~gR~

Yes, some Christian metal preaches. I can see metalheads being upset if some Christians make a metal band purely in an effort to spread their message, with no love of metal in their hearts. But most bands are made of people who actually love metal. And so you have people who love metal and a large part of their life evolves around their faith...what else do you expect them to sing about?
Beyond that there are many bands with all or some Christian members with their beliefs coming through in the lyrics to varying degrees, and in various forms. In other words, it's just like any other band. Your views come through in your lyrics.

There are some good bands out there.

By subliminal you mean, any words that can be ripped out of their context and warped/ deliberately misinterpreted to the point where they become unrecognizable and then harnessed to spread misinformation that fits a certain clque's mythical agenda?

hahaha

this a great post about anus.com faggots

I know this is off topic, but what IS it with the anus fellow and their constant hatred of Chuck S ? I know some of Deaths stuff is a bit...well, "self-help" in the lyrical department, but to claim (constantly) that he died of AIDS ? WTF?

I know this is off topic, but what IS it with the anus fellow and their constant hatred of Chuck S ? I know some of Deaths stuff is a bit...well, "self-help" in the lyrical department, but to claim (constantly) that he died of AIDS ? WTF?

They're trolls...?

isnt ANUS.com that faggy site with the reviews that try so hard to be grandiose that the call every band nihlist in the reviews 5 times per review and you end up getting a retarded review that tells you nothing about what the album sounds like and whether it is good or not? i mean god damn give me a 1-10 scale or something!!! i hate that site i googled graetest death metal bands and at the top of thier list was freakin SODOM!!!!

I once heard some ranting which may explain it. I don't know where this supposed information came from or if it is in fact true. But I heard that possibly near the end of his life Chuck might have come to embrace the Christian faith. Again I have no idea if this is true, or even where the info came from.

That there would be enough to turn them from fans to haters...which is pathetic and just illustrates the imbalance in their thinking.