Xtian Death Metal?????????

But there are some good bands/releases. Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth, Living Sacrifice - Noexistent/Inhabit, Extol - Burial are some older ones. Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth is probably one of the best doom/death albums made.
Paramaecium are legends for that one:headbang: their demo was awesome too! Mortification's "scrolls.." was great in its day and those Living Sacrifice albums were really good, except the vocals kinda sucked and ultimately caused me to sell them off.

There is Judas Priest sounding Xtian band called Saint who had some cracking songs:heh:

Nothing makes my day quite like an intelligent, well-argued defense of a Christian-themed metal band's right to play from a forum of jolly atheists. Carry on.

Lethargically we drag our feet to the confessional
Poor minds encased with the guilt,
no reversion as sins are committed
Believing by confessing the sins,
thy problems be resolved?
Nothing is more idiotic & naive,
than to preach eternal gospels

Just because a man is dressed in black clothing,
is he a so-called saint?

- Phlebotomized, "Preach Eternal Gospels"

Sounds at least anti-Catholic to me upon first glance.

How many "Satanic metal" bands even believe in Satan? It seems to me that Satanism is metal is largely of the metaphorical and atheistic variety, in sharp contrast to Christian metal (have you ever heard of a band using the worship of Jesus as a positive metaphor?).
Good point, you are right in saying that it is just the violent opposition to Christianity taken in that form, but I don't agree with that intellectually either.

I sometime think bands are christians ,even though they never admit it, through their lyrics. Look at Helloween for example. Songs like Salvation and Immortal seem to be made from christians due to their lyrics. Stratovarius: songs like Eternity and Seasons of Change. Sonata Arctica: Almost every single one of their songs hint christianity. Gojira seems to be christian also based off of a few of their lyrics. You get what I mean.

I sometime think bands are christians ,even though they never admit it, through their lyrics. Look at Helloween for example. Songs like Salvation and Immortal seem to be made from christians due to their lyrics. Stratovarius: songs like Eternity and Seasons of Change. Sonata Arctica: Almost every single one of their songs hint christianity. Gojira seems to be christian also based off of a few of their lyrics. You get what I mean.

There have been a lot of bands that use Christian themes in their lyrics. It was very common in the classic doom genre. Solitude Aeturnus' first release had a lot in it. Trouble is still thought of as a "white metal" band, but I read in an interview that one of them said they weren't Christians (though I think Bruce Franklin ended up becoming one).

But people take the Sataism stuff seriously too (maybe less per capita, though).

Anyway have you never heard any? Truthfully there are a lot of sub-par bands that have come out over the years. I think the "Christian metal scene" has been too quick to embrace anything that sounds heavy, thus encouraging bands with not enough talent who haven't practiced enough to release albums.

If anyone recommends Crimson Thorn to you, don't believe them. They are one of the worst examples of the above.

But there are some good bands/releases. Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth, Living Sacrifice - Noexistent/Inhabit, Extol - Burial are some older ones. Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth is probably one of the best doom/death albums made.

I liked the first Living Sacrifice album the most out of all of theirs. That Paramaecium was alright. Though I loved the intro riff on the last track. Man I wish I still had all of my Christian metal cd's. The only one's I still have are my Saviour Machine one's. I loved the first 4 Deliverence cd's and the first Tourniquet album too.
Oh and yeah Crimson Thorn SUCK!

people seem to conveniently forget Tom Araya is a devout catholic and started a christian metal project with a P.O.D. member

people seem to conveniently forget Tom Araya is a devout catholic...
So he says. Devout Catholics don't generally make a career out of traveling the world preaching the evils of religion and the glory of Satan to young adults and children, however. If there is a God he's going to kick Araya's hypocritical ass all the way to hell when he dies.