Yet Another Off-Topic Thread

See needles don't really bother me, it only bothers me when i go to give blood, the woman stabs my arm then says 'oops'. Oops is a very bad thing to hear when giving blood, it means they've stabbed your arm with a needle and have missed. the phrase 'have you actually got any veins in this arm?' is not comforting either. My body appears to be rebelling against giving blood by removing the veins from my arms!!!

Nah, Oops is fine. At least you know the woman fucked something up and admits it. On the other hand, keeping on hearing "Okay, it's such little time left, we'll be over in a second" for about 3 minutes, now that sucks pretty hard. Actually, I guess I'm pretty darn immune to blood tests, 'cause I feel practically nothing, except your arm gets numb at some point.

Giving blood/blood tests really depend on the person sticking the needle in your arm. Some are great and you feel hardly anything, others, well yeah... and once the needle is in, it usually is okay. It's a different story with injections though...

@dennis: maybe you are really unhealthy, but you just don't know it ;p

Giving blood/blood tests really depend on the person sticking the needle in your arm. Some are great and you feel hardly anything, others, well yeah... and once the needle is in, it usually is okay. It's a different story with injections though...

@dennis: maybe you are really unhealthy, but you just don't know it ;p

Maybe i know it already and i just don't want anyone to know :devil:

See needles don't really bother me, it only bothers me when i go to give blood, the woman stabs my arm then says 'oops'. Oops is a very bad thing to hear when giving blood, it means they've stabbed your arm with a needle and have missed. the phrase 'have you actually got any veins in this arm?' is not comforting either. My body appears to be rebelling against giving blood by removing the veins from my arms!!!

...or the guy I had last week, who spent most of the time talking.

To my veins.

I only heard the beginning of this one-way conversation sadly, as I got distracted by a picture on the noticeboard behind him, drawn by his 8-year-old daughter, which said "My daddy is bald as an egg. He works at the hospital and takes blood all day.".

Talented kid that, making me smile while I was having five (yes, five) blood samples taken at the same time :lol:

...or the guy I had last week, who spent most of the time talking.

To my veins.
:OMG:

I don't need a bloodtest as an excuse to not do anything at all :D
Oh, you've got a point there. Anyway, the blood test might be a permanent excuse for like...one whole month! "Well, remember that blood sample I've given one month and..hmmm, three days ago? It still hurts, you know. :ill: " :D