You all suck...

I give you something better!

picar1.gif

Décadent said:
Actualy that album has grown on me a fucking lot. It's no-where near as bad as I first thought.

Yeah. I thought it was lame at first, but the main melody in the title track is better than a lot of things.

Maybe I shouldn't have traded it away then, but I am pretty sure it's not exactly great. Still have MP3's, maybe I'll listen and see if I was stupid

Master's Hammer - Ritual (although I'd say Burzum is Master's Hammer worship)
Eikenskaden - The Black Lament's Symphony
Vinterriket - anything

Erik said:
Maybe I shouldn't have traded it away then, but I am pretty sure it's not exactly great. Still have MP3's, maybe I'll listen and see if I was stupid

The vocals really aren't the best...they're typical desperate shrieks, which might have been what was putting you off (I know that's probably the only thing that turns me off from the CD a bit, other than the super-incredibly drawn-out stuff that wasn't necessary).

Yes. It's too fucking drawn out; while it superficially copies Burzum's riffing style, it mostly fails to recreate the hypnotic feel of Burzum's compositions, and so when Wigrid repeats riffs over and over and over again, it becomes repetitive instead of atmospheric. The production certainly isn't helping either, fucking flat.

Forgotten Woods is a Burzum clone if I've ever heard one. The vocals sound EXACTLY like Varg's albeit with more reverb.They're okay. Worth checking out, I suppose.