You are a Christian band?

I enjoy and respect Matt's response. My personal beliefs may be the furthest thing from Christianity, but let's face it.. I love great power metal. I don't listen to music because the lyrics are enthralling or inspiring. Having captivating lyrics just adds to the power and effect of the music. 95% of the music I listen to originates from outside the United States, mostly Europe, but also Japan and Brasil just the same, among select others.

I have loved Theocracy ever since I was introduced to the band by another friend of mine, who also is not a subscriber to the Christian faith. How about that? Matt was right. A band like his [or musician like him] who preaches those lyrics loudly and proudly is really something special if it can engage and hold on tightly to the attention of people of all religious walks of life. The music is powerful; the LYRICS are powerful. Put them together and you have an explosive combination of metal that makes me bang my fists harder every time I listen.

Rock on, Matt. I wish the best to the band and am looking forward to the release of the album to come. You have my full support, as should any fan of fantastic power metal, regardless of religious affiliation!

Well said - everyone! Nice to see a respectful, well informed, intelligent conversation on the Internet...especially related to the BIG topic of religion! I think that the caliber of people on this forum and that are Theocracy fans are of a certain type...the type I like to hang around and read posts by. This is my favorite forum :) (It's been dead for a few days though - glad to see something new.) (And BTW, I hope the new album brings in a lot of new fans and traffic!)

*Checks for new album full track sample one more time...leaves for the day...* ;)

I think the language might have something to do with it. While some would enjoy it, I am sure that most would take offense. I definitely like the shirt idea, but I know people looking down upon Christians for not looking the part. I know this is looking into it wayyy too much, but I thought I would share a story. Keving Young, the lead singer of Disciple, was apparently walking around town and a street preacher stopped and asked him if he knew Christ. Kevin said that he did, and the preacher said how can you know Jesus if you look and smell of this world (he has tattoos and I am sure was wearing a band t-shirt)? Kevin then looked at him and replied that he looked like every other crooked person on wallstreet (because he was decked out in a suit). So, just what Christians need, another reason to be looked down upon...

Act 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

What else is there to sing about?

I think the language might have something to do with it. While some would enjoy it, I am sure that most would take offense. I definitely like the shirt idea, but I know people looking down upon Christians for not looking the part. I know this is looking into it wayyy too much, but I thought I would share a story. Keving Young, the lead singer of Disciple, was apparently walking around town and a street preacher stopped and asked him if he knew Christ. Kevin said that he did, and the preacher said how can you know Jesus if you look and smell of this world (he has tattoos and I am sure was wearing a band t-shirt)? Kevin then looked at him and replied that he looked like every other crooked person on wallstreet (because he was decked out in a suit). So, just what Christians need, another reason to be looked down upon...

Your story illustrates a self-defeating point. Appearances mean little to nothing, because no matter what "appearance" you take, you're going to end up looking crooked to someone. Many arguments can be made in the name of "appearances," but ultimately, they're all Christian-enslaving and not Christ-exalting.

Hello there.

I have to admit, I am an atheist.
Who cares?
I wanted to thank you for the... I guess I should call it music, because I don't know a word that is good enough.
I'm usually into heavier music, I listen mostly to gothic bands like Crematory and such. But I admit I simply love Theocracy. I have the first album short after it was released and never got bored with it. I haven't listened to anything from the second one (I read about a song on myspace somewhere) because I know I will want it so much. And, no offence, but you aren't very good with release frequency :)

Thank you once again for the wonderful thing you create. Be blessed.

Excellent responses , The eternal life in Jesus is the most...........

So much peace , my friends..

Ecxellent Band and music......

I feel blessed and not judged every time I go see Theocracy play live. These guys are a great example of how to witness by example. They walk the talk, for sure! God bless you guys!:headbang::kickass:

Unfortunately, a lot of christian music tends to come accross as shallow and unimaginative. And a lot of the artists, like Matt said, tend to copy their sound from whatever is selling the best at the moment, rather than what they truly want their music to say.

I personally like theocracy, no only because of the amazing instrumentals and epic sound, but the fact that their songs actually have some depth and meaning to them.

Rock on brothers :headbang:

Talking about music one day, a new friend of mine didn't know the bands that I named as some of my favorites. I burned her a cd of 12 songs/bands that I thought gave a variety of taste. She went absolutely crazy for "On Eagle's Wings". She can't get the song out of her head!! She also really liked Incrave, Dream Theater, and Firewind. But she said Theocracy was THE band on the cd!! Matt, you have a new fan!!! It was a great feeling to know I was able to spread the word of "Theocracy" and the wonderful music you put out!!!

Talking about music one day, a new friend of mine didn't know the bands that I named as some of my favorites. I burned her a cd of 12 songs/bands that I thought gave a variety of taste. She went absolutely crazy for "On Eagle's Wings". She can't get the song out of her head!! She also really liked Incrave, Dream Theater, and Firewind. But she said Theocracy was THE band on the cd!! Matt, you have a new fan!!! It was a great feeling to know I was able to spread the word of "Theocracy" and the wonderful music you put out!!!
:headbang::kickass:

I sent the myspace link to a couple of friends over a longer period of time...
And after lent has passed (I was afk for 40 days :D) I see one of them keeps the following line as a Personal Message on msn:
And I will never leave her side, we walk the tightrope between faith and fear each moment of our lives

I smiled :D:D

I sent the myspace link to a couple of friends over a longer period of time...
And after lent has passed (I was afk for 40 days :D) I see one of them keeps the following line as a Personal Message on msn:
And I will never leave her side, we walk the tightrope between faith and fear each moment of our lives

I smiled :D:D
:headbang::kickass: