You laugh, you lose

Because it's being shoved down everyones throats from every major media outlet because apparently 3 damn wars, a major catastrophic disaster (Japan), a recent disaster dealing with 137 hurricanes that touched down in the southern states yesterday, the 5-4 decision that eliminated collective bargaining rights of citizens wed., and a slew of other things just aren't important.

One of the ladies I work with took tomorrow off & I asked what she was going to do, she replied "I have a wedding to go to". I said "who gets married on a Friday"? She replied "Prince William". I think my facial expression was something like this. :guh:

There is nothing here but heat and depression. Sometimes we get waves of tramps.

But yeah, all we really have is the metastasizing sun bearing down upon us like some cruel primal deity.

I'm already clinically depressed, and I actually like heat (after 34 years of living in a part of the world where if you go outside in the winter you can die from the cold). I should probably move to Cali. Plus I could buy weed much more easily.

My bad, I jumbled the Wisconsin debacle with the supreme court ruling that happened the other day (prob accidentally highlighted then wrote over said text).

Either way, the supreme court ruled that class actions lawsuits are totally out, and that individual arbitration when dealing with corporations is totally in.
http://www.latimes.com/business/sc-dc-0428-court-class-action-web-20110427,0,1239412.story

Still pending before the court is a major dispute over class-action suits involving job discrimination. Lawyers for Wal-Mart have asked the justices to throw out a sex-discrimination claim brought on behalf of 1.5 million current and past female employees.

also:

The court itself divided along partisan lines. All five Republican appointes formed the majority, and four Democratic appointees dissented.

Every time there is a wildfire here there is a 50% chance it is within three miles of my house.

A couple years ago when there was a huge fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains, I remember one day there was so much smoke that came up to San Jose, it was orange and completely covered up the sky and was eerie as hell.

Looked like this
2438939752_96a622c174.jpg

I remember something like that when I lived in Cali back in like 2005 or 2006... For a couple days the sky was just an orange glow, and there was ash flying all around. It looked like it had snowed on some of the cars... so weird.

Yeah, I remember in 2003 or 2004 (pretty sure it was 2004) that so much shit burned to the ground that the sky was an orange haze for well over a week. People were told to stay indoors, because the raining ash was so thick that all the cars caught in the ash storm looked like they rolled straight out of Schindler's List. Of course a lot of schools shut down... EXCEPT FOR MINE. Fucking dumb ass school, it was a 45 minute drive to get there, took waaaaaaaay longer if I needed to use public transportation or the school bus.

Yeah, I remember in 2003 or 2004 (pretty sure it was 2004) that so much shit burned to the ground that the sky was an orange haze for well over a week. People were told to stay indoors, because the raining ash was so thick that all the cars caught in the ash storm looked like they rolled straight out of Schindler's List. Of course a lot of schools shut down... EXCEPT FOR MINE. Fucking dumb ass school, it was a 45 minute drive to get there, took waaaaaaaay longer if I needed to use public transportation or the school bus.

Oh that's probably the one I was thinking of. Crazy shit....