You laugh, you lose

"Meet Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA). While questioning the Navy's Pacific Fleet commander, Adm. Robert Willard, at a March 25 Armed Services Committee hearing, Johnson worried that the island of Guam might capsize if we put a few thousand more people on it - because it's only 7 miles across at its "least widest" point"

Fucking hilarious.

Especially considering he must have had to look up the word "capsize".

^ I love that people like that can exist in America (not sarcasm). That kind of mentality, to look at and speak about various things in such a grandiloquent way, it all seems so surreal to me. From everything like the dramatic commercials to the overblown religiousity to the Hitleresque bombasm of political speeches. Excuse me for being corny but it adds a spice to the country, these people are really fucking interesting to me. In Sweden everything's so mellow and sober-minded all the time. I feel a desire to coexist with these kinds people and interact with them.

Yes, I must say I'm proud to live in a country where public opinion is affected more by how simple and catchy the message is than by how logical it is. This has done wonders for our politics, and I can see how we're the envy of the world over here.

Yes, I must say I'm proud to live in a country where public opinion is affected more by how simple and catchy the message is than by how logical it is.

obama-hope.jpg