Your 1 absolute favourite metal record of all time

Seconded.

SOWN - Metal
Operation Mindcrime - Progressive Hard Rock (stunning album! Kill Mary?)

I've got every one of Queensryche's albums and their very early albums aside I wouldn't class them as metal. Prog/Hard Rock more like it.

I can't even pretend it matters. Both rocked hard, plus maiden boy knows way more about metal than anybody. In fact he's the most metal fucking guy here.

Among The Living = Metal
Spreading The Disease = Metal

SOWN might have some metal elements, a few songs could be considered metal but over all is hard/heavy rock. Doesn't mean its bad. But give me a break.

SOWN is considered to be METAL so shut the fuck up already and live with it.

..oh btw my favorite METAL album for me is Anthrax - P.O.T.

After much chin stroking and considering brilliant metal records from Saxon, 'Thrax, Danzig, Slayer etc it came down to Strong Arm Of The Law by Saxon and SOWN..................and today my favourite is SOWN.

Might be different next week!

Anthrax - P.O.T.

Having said that, City by Strapping Young Lad is a fantastic album as well.
I might give that one the number one spot tomorrow.

'Fabulous Disaster' is so underrated in Exodus' catalogue, they mostly play stuff from 'Bonded By Blood' and their newer ones with Rob Dukes.

bit of a shame,thats there biggest record,back in the day they were huge,i saw exodus last year and i think they only played 2 tracks from fb,i was a tad dissapointed.

I have to agree with you on this one, i just think that it's a lot heavier than Operation Mindcrime, so it's kinda funny that tell someone he should pick another album, because SOWN is not metal, although you consider OM metal. Many albums mentioned in this thread are widely considered hard rock, but you choose SOWN to pick on...

Actually it wasn't me that brought this up. I was just agreeing with another poster who brought up SOWN - not metal.

Out of all the amazing METAL albums of all time it is really hard for me to believe so many on here could pick Sound of White Noise as the best "METAL" album of all time. That just sounds crazy to me. Yes its all opinions I am not here to say you can't think its the best Metal album of all time. I am just expressing that it sounds insane to suggest SOWN as the best METAL album of all time when it is debatable it is even considered a METAL album. It is hard to believe SOWN would be taken over AMONG THE LIVING which is a true metal album and considered one of the best Thrash metal albums ever.

Out of all the amazing METAL albums of all time it is really hard for me to believe so many on here could pick Sound of White Noise as the best "METAL" album of all time. That just sounds crazy to me. Yes its all opinions I am not here to say you can't think its the best Metal album of all time. I am just expressing that it sounds insane to suggest SOWN as the best METAL album of all time when it is debatable it is even considered a METAL album. It is hard to believe SOWN would be taken over AMONG THE LIVING which is a true metal album and considered one of the best Thrash metal albums ever.

OMFG!

scooter: Why are Metallica's Load and ReLoad on there, then? Because they still update band information even if they change from being metal to not being metal. And btw, I still think of SoWN as being metal. Just stating facts.

That would be complete bullshit.
SOWN is a metal album. Maybe not a THRASH metal album, but a METAL album.

Really? Do you think it is that far off to think SOWN is more of a dark/heavy rock album than Metal? Really?? Okay so there are some metal elements. I suppose you can say its a Hard Rock / Metal album. The production is very non metal, the songs are more heavy rock. The vocals are grungy. You may think it's metal thats fine. But you make it sound like its such a ridiculous stretch to think it is not a metal album. Most of the people I know in the real world don't consider SOWN to be a metal album. That album was known for being a crossover album from Anthrax going from Thrash Metal to a "Grungier type sound". Are there some metal elements sure. But over all it's hard to say that is a Metal album.

Even most of the metal sites that review the album consider SOWN to be more heavy rock than Metal. So don't get all so upset about people thinking SOWN is not a metal album it's not like it's just one or 2 people that think that.

And just because people don't consider it a metal album doesn't mean its not good or even great.

Really? Do you think it is that far off to think SOWN is more of a dark/heavy rock album than Metal? Really?? Okay so there are some metal elements. I suppose you can say its a Hard Rock / Metal album. The production is very non metal, the songs are more heavy rock. The vocals are grungy. You may think it's metal thats fine. But you make it sound like its such a ridiculous stretch to think it is not a metal album. Most of the people I know in the real world don't consider SOWN to be a metal album. That album was known for being a crossover album from Anthrax going from Thrash Metal to a "Grungier type sound". Are there some metal elements sure. But over all it's hard to say that is a Metal album.

Even most of the metal sites that review the album consider SOWN to be more heavy rock than Metal. So don't get all so upset about people thinking SOWN is not a metal album it's not like it's just one or 2 people that think that.

And just because people don't consider it a metal album doesn't mean its not good or even great.

SOWN IS Metal!
I have spoken.

I'm a big Mastodon fan, but to be honest I have never understood the love for Leviathan to the point where it's so many people's fave record. Not slamming your love for the record.... it's solid, but I love Blood Mountain and CTS so much more. And even Remission when I really think about it. Really intrigued to see where they go next, cause I've been hearing that the band has been a tad dysfunctional over the last 12 months or so. Hopefully things stay together and on track and they produce more killer music down the track. Fingers crossed.

Dude... I agree, they are all awesome! Like super awesome... no Super-Ultra-Mega awesome!
...but Leviathan is the one that just Puches me in the chest and calls my Mom a whore.
Have you picked up the Jonah Hex disc yet... it's eerie, like with a Fantomas feel. It's all instrumental... very cool.

Dude... I agree, they are all awesome! Like super awesome... no Super-Ultra-Mega awesome!
...but Leviathan is the one that just Puches me in the chest and calls my Mom a whore.
Have you picked up the Jonah Hex disc yet... it's eerie, like with a Fantomas feel. It's all instrumental... very cool.

No mate.... must pick it up sometime. Cheers.