Your Favorite Viking/Folk Metal Band

In Finnish,yeah.

I dunno really, I just find english and pretty much every language that isn't finnish to sound a lot better and more fitting for music. :p
You who have english as a native language won't understand these things.

I know what you're talking about. I don't like brazilian bands who sing in Portuguese. It sounds weird, it doesn't fit. I don't know if Vitor agrees with me, but I have friends who also don't like Metal in our language.

On the other hand, scandinavian bands singing in their languages sound very interesting, like Norwegian for black metal and finnish for folkish stuff (Finntroll comes to mind)

I disagree, and I definitely disagree with Cyth. They're one of the better modern acts, epic as hell, and essential if you're a fan of viking metal.

EDIT: @Vilden

I think Windir gotta be my all time favourites.

Others are Enslaved, Elite, Moonsorrow. And what about the genre "Heathen metal" ? Genres is not my strong side but i come to think about the band Drudkh wich i think is much inspired by folk music from their region.

Windir and Enslaved are both awesome, and Moonsorrow is one of my favorite bands. But as far as the genre of "Heathen metal" goes, I think it's kind of a joke. The only band I've ever seen described as that is Moonsorrow, and it's a self-assigned description.

So what does everyone think of Aes Dana? They always throw me off... it's like traditional black metal with crazy awesome flute parts.

Celtic black metal... sweet. :cool:

So I never listened to "Týr", much until today, and fuck it rules.

My problem with Tyr has always been that they possess the potential to create amazing, epic songs, but their build-ups rarely go anywhere. Maybe the new album is different, but I could never get into them.

Celtic black metal... sweet. :cool:

My problem with Tyr has always been that they possess the potential to create amazing, epic songs, but their build-ups rarely go anywhere. Maybe the new album is different, but I could never get into them.

Which new album are you talking about? "Land" cause I haven't heard that one yet, there supposed to have a new one out May 24th I think.

definite potential. most of their songs just don't sit well with me, melodically. but I've always loved "The Edge" (which does actually build up and wrap up nicely)